AIX / pSeries Engineer
9 Griffin Road Hartford County, CT 06095
AIX / PSeries Engineer
- Status: Contract assignment
- Estimated Duration: 9 months+
Our client is looking for a Senior AIX/pSeries engineer who will provide design, engineering, and implementation of IT solutions. Manages troubleshooting and resolution of infrastructure compatibility issues based on system architecture, project requirements, and customer expectations.
Some responsibilities include:
- Provides engineering leadership and oversight on design, engineering and development of information technology solutions.
- Responsible for the most complex, multi-site, multi domain activities and integration.
- Manages the troubleshooting and resolution of infrastructure compatibility issues based on system architecture, project requirements, customer expectations.
- Partners with IT leadership on engineering related issues and strategies. May manage infrastructure engineers on a project basis.
- Strong understanding / hands-on with the following specific technologies:
- AIX operating system - versions 6.1 and 7.1.
- IBM pSeries/Power hardware - including enterprise class Power 7 and Power 8.Virtualization with VIO, micro-partitioning, and shared pools.
- AIX management tools including HMCs, VIO, NIM and LPM.
- Experience with NPIV; VIOS, firmware and AIX updating/patching.
- Backup and recovery DR/DCT
- Demonstration of following professional IT skills:
- Collaboration when developing enterprise wide solutions.Proven leadership in managing projects / working groups.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.Synthesizing a number of separate but related data points (connect the dots)
Other experience that would be a plus:
- Sun/Oracle/SolarisLinux/RedhatAvamar, and/or DataDomain backup products
- SAN storage (HDS, SVC, EMC), including replication
- Networking, VLAN tagging, Load balancing, Shared Ethernet Adapters
- PowerHA, HACMP or other clustering
- Experience with shell scripting
Education: Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and at least six, typically eight or more years experience in all phases of infrastructure network management or its equivalent in education and work experience.
Benefits include Medical and Dental Insurance, 401(k), Employee Service Center, Referral Bonuses, Loyalty and Longevity Bonuses, and Plum Benefits.
To be considered for this position you need to have the ability to work in a very fast paced environment, and be a quick learner. Excellent communication skills are essential in this role.
If you feel you are qualified for this position, please apply directly via talonpro.com.