AWS Technical Engineer
225 Liberty St #1020 New York, NY 10281 | Contract to Direct Hire
Position: Senior Cloud Engineer (AWS)
Location: New York
- Design technical architecture for cloud solutions that meet customer needs for scalability, reliability and performance.
- Serve as a technical SME for cloud services, providers, and platforms
- Work as part of infrastructure team to ensure deployment and integration tasks are completed successfully. Manage infrastructure services in a production environment to ensure high availability and reliability.
- Anticipate risks and obstacles and develops plans for mitigation, Set up alerts notifying teams before potential issues escalate to a service outage
- Participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle
- Assist client support personnel in the remediation of production issues
- Support client efforts to integrate to the platform by providing technical subject matter expertise
- Develop, contribute, and evaluate technical proposals related to cloud migrations and implementations.
- Come up with initiatives to continuously improve platform performance and reliability
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Individual with
- Prior 3-5 years hands-on work experience in architecting AWS solution and min technology experience of 8 years
- Must have deep understanding of Security (Security Group, NACL)
- Must be a valid AWS certified solutions architect certification.
- Should have understanding of Network & Switches, VPN, Direct Connect, Routing, Firewall
- Deep understanding of Infrastructure components like VMs, AD/DNS, ADFS
- Should have understanding of Hybrid Cloud environment and strong scripting skills
- Should have experience of DevOps with AWS CLI & Lambda and good to have knowledge of tools like Jenkins, ANT & Maven
- Experience in monitoring and setting up alerting for Cloud components
- Experience with messaging middleware like IBM MQSeries is preferred
- Strong analytical skills to solve problems
- Strong willingness to learn the underlying business
- Financial services experience preferred
- Ability to work in a small company – big client setting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, good judgment, high ethical standards, and a strong work ethic are a must
- No travel required
- No telecommunication