Atlassian System Administrator
120 Park Avenue New York County, NY 10165
Atlassian System Administrator
- Status: Contract to hire OR Long-term contract
- Estimated Duration: 1+ year
- Hourly Target Range: Open, dependent on experience
- Remote Option: 1 or 2 days a week
Our client is seeking a self-motivated senior Atlassian System Administrator with an interest in designing solutions for complex development environments and implementing scalable architectures. In this senior role, the candidate will work with cross-application teams to identify cross-cutting problems and develop robust solutions toward enhancing the product and building scalable applications.
The candidate must exhibit excellent problem-solving, architectural and programming skills with a passion for solving large-scale data problems and quickly learning emerging technologies. The candidate should also demonstrate the ability to deliver large projects independently, while positively collaborating with different teams.
Open and manage requests to Atlassian technical support
- Exhibit competency with general JIRA administrative tasks such as: creating and updating custom workflows, post functions, and validators; managing changes to workflows, screens, fields, JQL scripting and reporting
- Have significant exposure to with Atlassian products, especially plugin development, REST services, and an in depth understanding of JIRA administration
- Serve as the primary user support contact for Atlassian tools
- Be able to develop custom plugins and evaluate and advise on plugins and plugin development- Serve as the Jira/Atlassian technical resource for tool upgrades
- Have a good understanding of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) design and architecture, version control systems, continuous integration and related tools-
- Develop user training as needed-
- Have experience in one or more high level languages (C++, C#, Java, Python, etc)
- An understanding of the design, implementation, and deployment of high performance, large-scale applications in a distributed environment
- Experience with consolidation of multiple JIRA servers and/or migration to Jira Software Data Center
- Experience with load testing, monitoring and tuning of Atlassian products
- ACP Jira Administrator Certification is a plus
- An interest in the latest technologies, industry practices, research, and trends
- Experience with Linux, Apache, Tomcat server configuration and tuning, and JVM tuning is a plus
- Experience with BigPicture, Structure and ScriptRunner for Jira plug-ins
Benefits include Medical and Dental Insurance, 401(k), Employee Service Center, Referral Bonuses, Loyalty and Longevity Bonuses, along with Hotel Engine Benefits.
Fun Facts: Avid New York Sports fan: Rangers, Yankees, and Giants, Big movie and TV fan: especially Gangster films (Goodfellas is my favorite movie of all time), Avid skier
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!