(Chelsea) 601 W 26th St. New York, NY 10001 | Contract to Direct Hire
- Position: Automation Engineer
- Location: NYC
- Status: Contract to hire
- Estimated Duration: 6 months contract to hire
- Hourly Target Range: Open upon experience
- Remote Option: 1-2 day/week potential
We are seeking an A+ Automation Engineer to join a growing team to create and maintain deployable systems artifacts across the various STS Programs. The engineer will build (or source), maintain, and integrate the underlying technology stacks that support software builds and/or application deployments. The candidate will also serve as a subject matter expert (SME) to development teams and will act as Level3 support for Production and Operations.
The Release Engineer is responsible for architecting, maintaining, and streamlining our automated build and release pipeline from code compilation, automated testing, to deploying releases to multiple environments. The candidate will also be responsible for defining best practices for source control management, creating and maintaining documentation of the build/release process, and investigating tools and processes and integrating them so that they can improve the reliability, stability and efficiency with which we release our services.
• Release Engineering Function for System Lifecycle Engineering (80%)
• Audit existing tools and practices to develop and execute a plan for standardizing and streamlining the automated build and release pipeline
• Integrate with existing frameworks to ensure Engineering Best Practices are incorporated into the release pipeline
• Creating and maintaining documentation of the build/release process
• Consolidate and organize SCM (Bitbucket) and ARM (Artifactory) systems and define governance policies so that can be properly administered
• Define, collect, aggregate, and visualize metrics that pertain to the build, deploy, and run lifecycle phases
• Responsible for SCM and ARM tools Support & Training (20%)
• Working closely with the development team to integrate new deployment processes and strategies to meet our feature requirements
• Assists in diagnosing and solving production issues
• Provides guidance to ensure that deployment plans follow best practices
• Strong experience in source control management, specifically with Git
• Experience with Jenkins and working with CI/CD
• Experience in scripting in Python, Ruby, Groovy, or similar languages
• Proficient with Unix/Linux and bash scripting
• Understanding of DevOps technologies and frameworks
• Knowledge of Quality Assurance procedures and processes
• Knowledge of Agile Methodologies and principles
Benefits include Medical and Dental Insurance, 401(k), Employee Service Center, Referral Bonuses, Loyalty and Longevity Bonuses, along with Hotel Engine Benefits.
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!