150 Pierce St Franklin Township, NJ 08873
- Location: Central NJ
- Salary: up to $100, 000
Our Client in Central NJ is seeking a BI Developer to join their team. This person will demonstrate excellent technical skills as well as excellence communication skills.
The role is to strategically design and implement BI software and systems, including integration with databases and data warehouses. This includes selecting, blueprinting, gathering requirements, designing, and rolling out BI solutions to end users. The Business Intelligence Developer is also responsible for ensuring high levels of BI availability through support functions and in-depth testing.
Conduct research and make recommendations on BI products, services, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
Evaluate and select database/data warehouse components, including hardware, relational database management systems, ETL software, metadata management tools and database design solutions.
- Direct, organize, and lead projects in the implementation and use of new BI software tools and systems.
- Lead the integration efforts for merging BI platforms with enterprise systems and applications.
- Design, code, test, and document all new or modified BI systems, applications, and programs.
- Develop the semantic layer, metadata, reports, and report definitions.
- Develop graphs and portal interfaces.
- Assist in the design of reports, databases and data warehouses to ensure interoperability with BI solutions.
- Analyze user requirements and, based on findings, design functional specifications for BI front-end applications.
- Produce ETL design guidelines to ensure a manageable ETL infrastructure for the BI system.
- Work with project managers to ensure that data entry, retrieval, change, and delete functions meet business requirements for project completion.
- Conduct job duties and responsibilities per the organization’ s business systems development methodology and/or its Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology.
- Design and deliver end-user training and training materials; provide technical support as necessary.
- Troubleshoot BI tools, systems, and software; performance-tune these applications as necessary.
- Act as evangelist for BI benefits across the organization; promote BI usage to relevant departments.
- Mentor and/or provide leadership to junior members of the team.
- Attention to detail
- Technical Capacity
Required Education and Experience
- Four-year college diploma or university degree in computer systems design, computer science, or engineering and/or seven years equivalent work experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Minimum of five years direct work experience.
- Comprehensive data warehouse analysis and design experience, with full knowledge of data warehouse methodologies and data modeling.
- Experience with on-prem and cloud reporting tools such as: Tableau, Birst, Domo, Cognos, Microstrategy, Microsoft Power BI.
- Expert capability with Microsoft Excel
- Experience with tier-one applications, databases, and data warehouses, such as Oracle 9i, MS SQL Server, Crystal, SAP, SCM, or other similar systems.
- Expertise in Business Objects tools, such as Scheduler, Designer, Data Integrator, and BO Universe design.
- Demonstrated ability with MS Windows operating systems.
- Demonstrated ability with ETL tools.
- Strong ability to analyze user requirements and build front-end BI applications per specifications.
- Strong understanding of relational database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- Full project management and development life cycle experience.
- Experience with database design applications.
- In-depth technical knowledge of network, PC, and platform operating systems.
- Experience with data processing flowcharting techniques.
- Strong understanding of the organization’ s goals and objectives.
- Good knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Our Client offers a full suite of benefits including health, dental and 401K
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!