BI Report Analyst
121 River Street Hoboken, NJ 07030 | Contract to Direct Hire
- Title: Sr BI Analyst
- Duration: contract to hire
- Location: Hoboken, NJ
Operating within the IT organization, the Senior Business Intelligence Report Analyst will be a hands-on contributor as well as a collaborator with other resources. Responsible for Developing highly complex and customized reports, multi-dimensional cubes and presentations based on data extracted from reporting data marts and databases. Maintain all aspects of Reporting (Cognos) application, web-based reporting and knowledge management facility. Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision is a must.
- Analyze reporting specifications and develop/deliver reporting solutions on time and with minimal defects, working independently and with minimal supervision - 80%
- Provide mid-month and special ad-hoc reports, as requested within 2 day turnaround time - 5%
- Prepare documentation for report specifications or Quality Assurance testing - 5%
- Provide training to other unit employees on advanced and complex reporting concepts, as needed - 2.5%
- Develop complex and customized reports, both on a proactive basis to address client needs, as well as, in response to user requests - 5%
- Assist project development team, as requested, with business analysis and troubleshooting tasks - 2.5%
Qualifications and Education/Experience Requirements
- 10-15 years overall experience in an IT environment preferred; 5-7 years as a BI/Senior BI Report Analyst (required)
- Strong knowledge of or ability to quickly learn specific workflow of technical processing areas.
- Thorough knowledge of available information and structure of all application and reporting databases
- Thorough knowledge of Cognos Business Intelligence Software a MUST!
- Strong computer skills for using a wide range of software, including IBM Cognos ReportStudio, IBM Cognos QueryStudio, IBM Cognos Analytics Version 11.x.x., IBM Cognos PowerPlay/Transformer, IBM Cognos Active Reports, IBM Cognos 11 Dashboarding, SQL, SQL Developer and MS Office.
- MUST be organized and have a strong ability to focus on and pay strict attention to detail.
- Strong analytic skills for constant review of complex spreadsheets and reports.
- Thorough knowledge of insurance/reinsurance concepts.
- Thorough knowledge of relational database concepts.
- Solid ability to prioritize workload according to volume, urgency, etc
- Strong verbal and writing skills for internal communications
- High degree of initiative to take lead role within team and to manage projects to completion.
- Ability to find creative solutions to new problems as they arise.
- Strong ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to manage team in manager’ s absence and provide manager feedback.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be able to communicate extremely effectively with all parties including business professionals and technical professionals.
- Must be able to be understood by all parties;
- Must not have any translation restrictions or hindrances while working with multiple professionals
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!