Back-End Java Developer
(Chelsea) 601 W 26th St. New York County, NY 10001
Back-end Java Developer
- Status: Contract
- Estimated Duration: Long-term contract, 12+ months
- Hourly Target Range: open, dependent on experience
- Remote Option: Potentially/Occasional
An educational institution is currently seeking a Back-end Java Developer for a long term opportunity.
- Develop new, and enhance existing, Java-based web and server-side applications
- Review multiple applications requirements; analyze technical specifications of any new applications/new features of existing applications under deployment or consideration to determine its intended functionality
- Work closely with internal and external teams to ensure that application can access the required data and it is appropriately filtered to comply with platform-specific business rules
- Collaborate with the other members of the engineering team to ensure all services are reliable, maintainable, and well-integrated into our existing platforms
- Adhere to best practices for testing and designing reusable code
- 8+ years of core Java experience. Java 8 experience, preferred
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Technology or a related field. Masters degree a plus
- Experience with Agile methodologies is highly desirable
- Prefer working knowledge of a wide range of technologies, including: Software development methodologies; Strong system knowledge of Linux environments; Knowledge in Amazon’ s AWS ecosystem is desirable
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills, including strong communication skills
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests and recommend alternative technical and business approaches
- Entrepreneurial team player who can multitask
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative and proactive with flawless execution
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills
Benefits include Medical and Dental Insurance, 401(k), Employee Service Center, Referral Bonuses, Loyalty and Longevity Bonuses, along with Hotel Engine Benefits.
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!