121 River Street Hoboken, NJ 07030 | Contract to Direct Hire
- Status: Contract to hire
- Location: Hudson County, NJ
- Rate: 50/hr
- Job Summary
The Business Analyst will function in a formal analyst role to gather and document business, functional and technical requirements; prepare specifications for the new applications or existing applications, document centric workflows. As a member of the IT team, the Business Analyst will do heavy coordination between the business and other IT functions (developers, QA team) group.
Candidate Must Haves:
- Strong Knowledge of reinsurance;
- Experience with Agile methodologies;
- A very strong understanding of development activities, business analysis, and project SLDC.
Candidate Nice To Haves:
- Experience with document capture software (e.g. Kofax Total Agility f.k.a. Singularity)
- Knowledge of Open TWINS Software (Trace Isys Ltd. Product)
- Eliciting, prioritizing, analyzing, documenting, and validating detailed business requirements
- 5-7 Years of experience working as a Business Analyst
- Identifying gaps between system capabilities and business requirements
- Mapping capabilities to requirements to ensure that business needs are met
- Leading the translation of business/ user requirements into development activities, test conditions, and expected results.
- Creating technical implementation roadmaps
- Ensuring compliance with standardized system development lifecycle
- Applying standard software development life cycle methodologies
- Structuring projects and releases
- Prioritizing activities; Planning delivery
- Ensuring timely completion of milestones
- Providing status updates to the business stakeholders
- Maintaining proper documentation and Bottom line budget-focus
- Coordinating User Acceptance Testing
- Assisting with the development and execution of change management and training throughout the organization during the Implementation of system solutions
- Developing effective working relationships with the IT team, business users, and external vendor
- Working with the end-user community to record and prioritize maintenance and development activities/needs once the system is implemented.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be able to communicate extremely effectively with all parties including business professionals and technical professionals.
- Must be able to be understood by all parties;
- Must not have any translation restrictions or hindrances while working with multiple professionals;
- Strong analytical skills and detail oriented
- Professionally assertive and collegial
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Local candidate – NY Metro Area
- Stable career history
- Previous Insurance / Re-Insurance Experience
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- A minimum of 5 - 7 years of experience in Business and Systems Analysis role.
- BA that came up through a developer role with strong Project Management skills
- Solid and successful experience in gathering requirements from the business users as well as system enhancements/bug fixes specifications.
- A track record of building strong relationships with business users.
- Strong Experience coordinating activities with developers, testing and other IT functional areas.
- Experience with Web application development projects is required.
- Excellent team player with a proven background of individual contribution.
- Interpersonal, documentation, communication, and presentation skills.
- Minimal experience with SQL is required.
- Must be business service focused.
- Experience with content management systems is highly preferred.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or Mathematics.
This consultant must have previously worked in or have knowledge of the following Industries:
- Financial Services
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!