Business Systems Analyst- Navision
925 Waverly Avenue Suffolk County, NY 11742
Business Systems Analyst
- Status: Full Time
- Salary Range: $120k - $140K
- Remote Option: No
- Relocation Assistance offered
A company is seeking a Senior level business analyst with both functional and technical development experience with Microsoft Dynamics NAV (Navision) ERP. This position will play a lead role in improving the core business processes and systems.
70% hands on development
30% business analysis
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist in improving the company’ s Sales, Finance, and Supply Chain business processes.
- Work closely with business leads to capture requirements, perform fit-gap analysis, and create functional specifications for NAV configuration and enhancements.
- Technical design and development of reports, interfaces, conversions, enhancements and workflows.
- NAV Server and MS SQL Server administration.
- Assist business leads in defining test plans and test scripts to be used in IT and business user testing.
- Provide support for existing Navision 2017 system by troubleshooting user issues and managing system configuration, report development and enhancement requests.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Required Skills/ Qualifications:
- Knowledgeable in all areas of wholesale distribution business processes: Product Lifecycle Management, Procurement, Distribution, Sales Order Fulfillment and Finance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to meet timelines and work well in a team environment
Education/ Experience Requirements:
- BS in Computer Science or related industry/experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years functional experience with Microsoft Dynamics - NAV, preferably certified. At least 3-5 years C/AL, C/Side development experience with Microsoft Dynamics - NAV, preferably certified.
- Experience working with NAV Server administration and MS SQL Server.
- Experience with Lanham EDI Partner Mapping and integration to other applications.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong critical thinking, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, follow project plans, prioritize appropriately, and balance competing requests.
- Must possess a high level of integrity; Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Must be an expert in subject matter as demonstrated by documented experience in analysis, research, and installation of enterprise solutions.
- Must possess high level skills and documented experience in oral and written communications including analysis documentation, project management deliverables and documentation, application/systems specifications, project preparation, risk identification, escalation and mitigation, presentation and training.
- Strong customer service and team focus is required.
- Personal Time Off, Vacation Time, Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Flexible Spending Plan, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, 401(k) Plan