Clinical Data Analyst
400 Kelby Street 7th Floor Fort Lee, NJ 07024 | Direct Hire
- Position: Clinical Quality Data Analyst
- Location: North NJ
- Salary Range: Up to $105K annually
- Remote Option: None
The Quality Data Analyst will transform the way our client navigates the rapidly changing healthcare reimbursement landscape utilizing clinical and financial data to demonstrate superior quality outcomes.
Reporting to the Director of the Data Management Team, the Quality Data Analyst will work collaboratively with the Data Management Team, Chief Medical Information Officer and the Chief Quality Officer in the design, development and implementation of reports to consume external data sources and standardize internal ones. The Quality Data Analyst main role is help improve the delivery of quality reports.
Essential Job Functions
- Lead and manage the project of extracting, transforming, loading and validating of data from Financial and Clinical systems.
- Analytic support, problem solving, and communication on all matters pertaining to clinical quality, performance, and quality improvement projects according to project requirements.
- Identifies opportunities, and provides solutions and recommendations to solve business problems with statistical, algorithmic, data mining and visualization techniques.
- Proficient at integrating and preparing reports to customer specifications.
- Communicating with individuals in the enterprise to investigate data quality and integrity and work collaboratively or individually towards resolution.
- Load, manipulate, integrate and validate data from different sources for the purpose of understanding and drawing conclusions.
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems (i.e. – payor claims data, patient attribution data, CMS public data sets, etc…)
- Build and manage reports and dashboards using the clinical and financial data warehouse to support and augment the needs of the quality division.
- Design, implement and maintain relational databases to meet the needs of the quality division.
- Processing of data and preparing reports related to various quality and research projects, including presenting data in charts, graphs and tables.
- Assist with development of plans for statistical analysis for specific projects.
- Bachelor’ s degree in related area, plus 5 years of related experience in data report writing.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Access and Excel.
- Knowledge of Relational Database Management Systems, Microsoft SQL and Procedural SQL.
- Knowledge of business intelligence software, IBM Cognos preferred.
- Knowledge of electronic health records, Epic preferred.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and listening skills.
- Knowledge in SQL Server Integrated Services (SSIS).
- Clinical and Financial reporting experience preferred.
- Attention to detail.
Other Desired Skills/Abilities
- Writing reports on quality patient data.
- Third party ETL solutions.
- Experience working with common medical terminologies (e.g. ICD, SNOMED, CPT).
- Knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint.
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!