900 Cottage Grove Road Hartford County, CT 06095
- Status: Contract assignment
- Estimated Duration: 6 months+
- Provides technical direction to teams on architecting, designing, building and deploying cloud solution for enterprise applications, with expertise in Cloud Platform Architecture and Engineering.
- Responsible for fully understanding and delivering cloud services for the end user community
- Responsible for documenting design principles that follow cloud blue prints and patterns, as well as helping to strategize on the effective use of cloud platform as it relates to overall cloud architecture.
- Subject matter expert with a firm understanding of the offerings within the cloud platform
- Leads application migration projects including optimizing technical reliability and improving application performance
- Understand customer business needs and conduct technical discussions
- Provide technical oversight and review of technical artifacts throughout the project
- Act as an escalation point, supporting engineering teams for technical issues and decisions
- Consults on implementing cost optimized cloud solutions (based on usage, business requirements and budget)
- Works with the engineering team on deliverables such as Infrastructure-As-Code artifacts and patterns
- Knowledge of various OS platforms (Linux/Unix, Windows) and *nix scripting (Bash, etc.)
- 1-3 years of experience on a major public cloud platform such as AWS, Azure, or GCP.
- Able to design and implement secure cloud solutions with elasticity, scalability and high availability
- Deep understanding of Cloud core services, including: Compute, Networking, Storage and Database
- Network technologies as they relate to cloud service providers, including: DNS, Load Balancing, Virtual Networks, connectivity options, etc.
- Storage and archival options
- Database and replication methodologies
- Disaster Recovery and fail-over strategies
- Application migration plans to Cloud environments
- Deployment and management
- Understanding of DevOps, Agile, and Information Security processes
B.S. in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or equivalent work experience
Skills and Experience:
- APPLICATION PERFORMANCE
- Additional Skills:
- LOAD BALANCING
- BUSINESS REQUIREMENTS
- DEV OPS
- DISASTER RECOVERY
- INFORMATION SECURITY
- SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT
Benefits include Medical and Dental Insurance, 401(k), Employee Service Center, Referral Bonuses, Loyalty and Longevity Bonuses, and Plum Benefits.
To be considered for this position you need to have the ability to work in a very fast paced environment, and be a quick learner. Excellent communication skills are essential in this role.
If you feel you are qualified for this position, please apply directly via talonpro.com.
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!