Cloud Engineer / Administrator
900 Cottage Grove Road Hartford County, CT 06095
- Cloud Engineer / Administrator
- Status: Contract assignment
- Estimated Duration: 6 months+
- Remote Option: Possibly
The Cloud engineer helps automate several cloud operational tasks such as account creation, VPC creation, configure rules, and automated security verification. Also performs necessary cloud administration as necessary. Initial focus/priority will be on AWS and shift to MS Azure, Google Cloud, IBM Cloud, Alibaba, and others in reaction to demand or by strategic decision.
- Knowledge of various OS platforms (Linux/Unix, Windows) and *nix scripting (Bash, etc.)
- Previous AWS experience preferred, either on-the-job tasks or through self-learning and/or certifications
- EC2, CloudFormation, IAM, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, VPC, AWS Lambda, AWS Config, S3
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Creation of AWS CloudFormation, Terraform scripts, or Ansible Playbooks to enable CI/CD for infrastructure (Infrastructure-as-Code). Example include:
- Automate creation of standard IAM Policies and IAM Roles
- Automate creation of standard AWS Config rules
- Automate peering relationships with other accounts
- Automate VPC creation and configuration
- Help create CI/CD deployment pipelines for cloud solutions
- Creation of Continuous Compliance Rules and auto-remediation (AWS Config Rules and AWS Lambda functions, or Cloud Custodian checks, or Evident.io checks)
- Assist and consult with application teams that want to use public cloud. Be a subject matter expert on a subset of cloud services.
- Cloud administration activities
- AM, EC2, S3, etc.
- Customer Focus – is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; acts with customers in mind; and establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect
- Strategic Agility – Is able to come up with the next great breakthrough thing to do; is creative, a visionary, and can manage innovation; is an effective strategist full of ideas and possibilities; sees multiple futures; has broad interests and knowledge; can both create and bring exciting ideas to market; comfortable speculating about alternative futures without all of the data
- Influential Leadership – Is skilled at getting individuals, teams, and an entire organization to perform at a higher level and to embrace change; negotiates skillfully to achieve a fair outcome or promote a common cause; communicates a compelling vision and is committed to what needs to be done; inspires others; builds motivated, high-performing teams; understands what motivates different people.
- Dealing with Ambiguity – can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can handle risk and uncertainty; and can decide and act without having the total picture
- Interpersonal Savvy – relates well to all kinds of people— up, down and sideways, inside and outside the organization
- Learning and Applying Quickly – learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; and quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything
- Managing Vision and Purpose – communicate a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose; talks beyond today; can inspire and motivate entire units; and makes the vision shareable by everyone
- Organizational Agility – knowledge about how the organization works; knows how to get things done both through formal channels and the informal network; and understand the culture of the organization
- Managing and Measuring Work – Clearly assigns responsibility for tasks and decisions; sets clear objectives and measures; monitors process, progress, and results; designs feedback loops into work.
- Perspective – can discuss multiple aspects and impacts of issues and project them into the future; can think globally; and looks toward the broadest possible view of an issue/challenge
- Priority Setting – quickly zeroes in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; and create focus / eliminates roadblocks
- Problem Solving – looks beyond the obvious and doesn’ t stop at the first answers; is excellent at honest analysis; and uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions
- B.S. in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or equivalent work experience
Benefits include Medical and Dental Insurance, 401(k), Employee Service Center, Referral Bonuses, Loyalty and Longevity Bonuses, and Plum Benefits.
To be considered for this position you need to have the ability to work in a very fast paced environment, and be a quick learner. Excellent communication skills are essential in this role.
If you feel you are qualified for this position, please apply directly via talonpro.com.
Fun Facts: Loves to cook, Beach bum, Future Dog owner.
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!