Cloud Operations Engineer
225 Liberty St #1020 New York, NY 10281 | Contract to Direct Hire
Position: Cloud Operations Engineer (AWS)
Location: New York City
Type: Contract to hire, OR Full-time
Salary: Open, dependent upon experience
- Work as part of infrastructure team to ensure deployment and integration tasks are completed successfully. Manage infrastructure services in a production environment to ensure high availability and reliability.
- Responsible for running cloud platforms that support mission critical applications for very large enterprise clients.
- Anticipate risks and obstacles and develop plans for mitigation, Set up alerts notifying teams before potential issues escalate to a service outage
- Part of a global support team to triage and remediate public cloud infrastructure issues and assist with application support engagements as needed.
- You will assist other engineering and development teams to resolve application to platform integration issues for both IaaS and PaaS services.
- You will help our development and engineering teams test alpha/beta products
- Investigate and contribute to solving issues in production environments.
- Provide collaborative conduit between various technical and non-technical teams.
- Build effective monitoring, alerts, and metrics for production services.
- Other job responsibilities can include creating and employing disaster recovery solutions and assisting with continuous improvement activities.
- Setup best practices with ability to define operational processes, implement DevOps, deployment checklists, and more.
- Serve as a technical SME for cloud services, providers, and platforms
- Participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle
- Assist client support personnel in the remediation of production issues
- Support client efforts to integrate to the platform by providing technical subject matter expertise
- Develop, contribute, and evaluate technical proposals related to cloud migrations and implementations.
- Come up with initiatives to continuously improve platform performance and reliability
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Prior 3-5 years hands-on work experience in AWS and min technology experience of 8 years
- Must have deep understanding of Security (Security Group, NACL)
- Should have understanding of Network & Switches, VPN, Direct Connect, Routing, Firewall
- Experience in monitoring and setting up alerting for Cloud components
- Experience with cloud services such as AWS -potential problems, and how to setup and manage a service in the cloud.
- Understanding of networking and core Internet protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, TLS, SSH, PKI and distributed networks).
- Significant experience with Linux/UNIX systems and the best practices for deploying applications to those stacks.
- Experience in Terraform or Cloudformation and codedeploy
- Strong analytical skills to solve problems
- Strong willingness to learn the underlying business
- Financial services experience preferred
- Ability to work in a small company – big client setting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, good judgment, high ethical standards, and a strong work ethic are a must
- No travel required
- No telecommunication
Good to have:
- Experience developing or supporting solutions in Docker.
- Experience using configuration, orchestration and automation tools such as, Chef, Puppet, etc.
- Experience with messaging middleware like IBM MQSeries