Cloud Platform Lead
900 Cottage Grove Road Hartford County, CT 06095
Cloud Platform Lead
- Status: Contract assignment
- Estimated Duration: 3 months+
- Remote Option: Possibly
A Health Insurance company is presently looking for a Cloud Platform Lead. We are need of someone who can properly design scalable, supported and secure patterns of cloud consumption.
The Cloud platform lead will be the lead engineer for a specific set of cloud solutions and providers. The platform lead will direct other engineers and consultants working on the solution, as well as work on engineering tasks within the platform.
- Knowledge of various OS platforms (Linux/Unix, Windows) and *nix scripting (Bash, etc.)
- 1-3 years of experience on a major public cloud platform such as AWS, Azure, or GCP.
- Able to design and implement secure cloud solutions with elasticity, scalability and high availability
- Deep understanding of Cloud core services, including: Compute, Networking, Storage and Database
- Network technologies as they relate to cloud service providers, including: DNS, Load Balancing, Virtual Networks, connectivity options, etc.
- Storage and archival options
- Database and replication methodologies
- Disaster Recovery and fail-over strategies
- Application migration plans to Cloud environments
- Deployment and management
- Understanding of DevOps, Agile, and Information Security processes
Certifications & Licenses:
AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
AWS Certified Solutions Architect
Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Provides technical direction to teams on architecting, designing, building and deploying cloud solution for enterprise applications, with expertise in Cloud Platform Architecture and Engineering.
- Responsible for fully understanding and delivering cloud services for the end user community
- Responsible for documenting design principles that follow cloud blue prints and patterns, as well as helping to strategize on the effective use of cloud platform as it relates to overall cloud architecture.
- Subject matter expert with a firm understanding of the offerings within the cloud platform
- Leads application migration projects including optimizing technical reliability and improving application performance
- Understand customer business needs and conduct technical discussions
- Provide technical oversight and review of technical artifacts throughout the project
- Act as an escalation point, supporting engineering teams for technical issues and decisions
- Consults on implementing cost optimized cloud solutions (based on usage, business requirements and budget)
- Works with the engineering team on deliverables such as Infrastructure-As-Code artifacts and patterns
- Customer Focus – is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; acts with customers in mind; and establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect
- Strategic Agility – Is able to come up with the next great breakthrough thing to do; is creative, a visionary, and can manage innovation; is an effective strategist full of ideas and possibilities; sees multiple futures; has broad interests and knowledge; can both create and bring exciting ideas to market; comfortable speculating about alternative futures without all of the data
- Influential Leadership – Is skilled at getting individuals, teams, and an entire organization to perform at a higher level and to embrace change; negotiates skillfully to achieve a fair outcome or promote a common cause; communicates a compelling vision and is committed to what needs to be done; inspires others; builds motivated, high-performing teams; understands what motivates different people.
- Dealing with Ambiguity – can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can handle risk and uncertainty; and can decide and act without having the total picture
- Interpersonal Savvy – relates well to all kinds of people— up, down and sideways, inside and outside the organization
- Learning and Applying Quickly – learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; and quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything
- Managing Vision and Purpose – communicate a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose; talks beyond today; can inspire and motivate entire units; and makes the vision shareable by everyone
- Organizational Agility – knowledge about how the organization works; knows how to get things done both through formal channels and the informal network; and understand the culture of the organization
- Managing and Measuring Work – Clearly assigns responsibility for tasks and decisions; sets clear objectives and measures; monitors process, progress, and results; designs feedback loops into work.
- Perspective – can discuss multiple aspects and impacts of issues and project them into the future; can think globally; and looks toward the broadest possible view of an issue/challenge
- Priority Setting – quickly zeroes in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; and create focus / eliminates roadblocks
- Problem Solving – looks beyond the obvious and doesn’ t stop at the first answers; is excellent at honest analysis; and uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions
- B.S. in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
Benefits include Medical and Dental Insurance, 401(k), Employee Service Center, Referral Bonuses, Loyalty and Longevity Bonuses, and Plum Benefits.
To be considered for this position you need to have the ability to work in a very fast paced environment, and be a quick learner. Excellent communication skills are essential in this role.
If you feel you are qualified for this position, please apply directly via talonpro.com.
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!