Cloud Solutions Architect
131 Dartmouth St # 4 Suffolk county, MA 02116
- Job Title: Cloud Solutions Architect
- Status: Direct Hire
- Locaion: Remote to start, then onsite in Boston, MA
Relocation and Sponsorship available
We are looking for an experienced Cloud Solutions Architect to join a top client to help to drive migration of Microsoft based solutions to Amazon Web Services (AWS). This candidate should have a broad full-stack software engineering & architecture experience, both application-level and cloud infrastructure, with demonstrated experience in migrating complex solutions to AWS. The Cloud Solutions Architect will assess existing platforms, design future state and execute the migration of applications and infrastructure to AWS cloud native solutions.
Qualified candidates should have solid experience in cloud computing environments, hands on technical skills, passion and appetite to master new technologies, and excellent communication skills.
Day to Day
- Analyze, architect, and execute the migration of large-scale Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft .NET, and Microsoft HPC applications to AWS; preferably cloud native
- Optimize solution architectures to increase performance and minimize costs; implement cost control mechanisms
- Establish architectural standards that enable DevOps practices with infrastructure as code and automated continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Assist application architects in designing secure solutions that leverage cloud services and are aligned to the company' s enterprise security requirements and best practices
- Continuously manage, monitor, and update operations architecture models as business needs evolve and additional cloud services become available
- Work collaboratively, hands-on, with product teams to implement the technology direction, vision, and strategy to enable cloud technology adoption
- Coordinate with product owners to incorporate the voice of the customer
- 10 + years of application architecture, cloud infrastructure, and automation experience
- No less than 5 years of database management and software development/coding experience
- Experience architecting cloud infrastructure on AWS for small to enterprise-scale applications
- AWS Certified Architect and/or Developer; Associate considered, Professional preferred
- Hands-on experience with cloud adoption and migration from assessment through cloud native implementation
- Experience coding in higher level programming language: .NET C#, C++, Java, Go, or Python
- Technical knowledge of infrastructure components (network, storage, Linux, Windows), security and application development (e.g., Microsoft .NET Framework/Core, C#, and SQL Server experience preferred)
- Experience implementing AWS serverless and related managed services for web & mobile applications and APIs including Lambda, API Gateway, SNS, SQS, EventBridge, and Elastic Beanstalk preferred. Experience with container orchestration platforms (Kubernetes, EKS) a plus.
- Experience with AWS SQL and NoSQL database services preferred (e.g., AWS RDS, Aurora, DynamoDB, DocumentDB)
- Experience with distributed systems, messaging, streaming architectures preferred (e.g., Kafka, Kinesis, RabbitMQ)
- Experience implementing logging, instrumentation, and monitoring services for infrastructure, applications, and dependent services
This role requires a creative and innovative approach to problem solving and we are looking for someone who has a passion for continuous improvement. If you have these skills and have mentored colleagues, we' d like to speak to you. This role will require working across groups and we need someone with great written and verbal communication skills.
If you or someone you know is a fit for this opportunity, we’ d like to speak to you today! This is a top client of ours and we have a lot of experiencing placing folks within this organization. The company culture is unparalleled, and the longevity and tenure speak for itself. This position does offer a great bonus structure opportunity and full benefits. Please contact Talon today!
Meet Your Recruiter
Fun Facts: NJ Devils fan, loves going on outdoor adventures like hikes or beach days and painting
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!