Cloud and DevOps Engineer
1 Old Country Road Nassau County, NY 11514
Cloud and DevOps Engineer
- Location: Nassau County
- Status: Full-time
- Salary: Around $150K annually
- Remote Option: None, must be on-site everyday
A growing client of ours is presently looking to add a Cloud and DevOps Engineer to their team.
This is a stellar opportunity for a Senior candidate with about 10+ years of experience.
The selected candidate will spend about 50-70% of their time in DevOps and about 30-50% of their time on other assigned projects. This individual does not need to be purely 100% a DevOps resource.
Primary must-have is Google Cloud Platform experience. Also experience enabling projects that involve the Cloud, automation, Linux, networking, security, and software development.
Primary Job Responsibilities
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
• Propose, plan, document and implement various pieces of a multi-cloud infrastructure
• Set up new cloud environments, VPCs and Federated accounts.
• Architect solutions for high performance, scalability, fault tolerance, security and cost-effectiveness
• Implement infrastructure as code with Terraform and CloudFormation.
• Work within the organization to implement Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) program
• Plan, integrate, administer, and support on-prem and multiple cloud-based platforms
• Work with bare metal infrastructure by combining automation and Kubernetes to provide flexible compute resources
• Lead projects involving engineers from many different disciplines: system administration, networking, security, development and operations
• Serve as an escalation point for SAs and other teams. Work on troubleshooting and resolving complex problems.
• OS upgrades, performing application setup and integration, diagnosing issues with applications running on servers or in microservices, server automation/shell scripting, debugging network issues
• Provide coverage during holiday peak periods and assist in occasional weekend on-call escalations
• Position requires 5+ years of Cloud/DevOps experience as well as prior background in Linux Administration/Engineering working in development and production environments
• Hands-on experience with cloud platforms: GCP, and Azure. AWS and IBM is a plus.
• Expert knowledge of various cloud components and services like authentication, networking, compute, storage, security, logging, API, management, Terraform/CloudFormation, etc…
• Automation experience with Ansible; Tower and Puppet are a plus. Ability to create scripts and modules using shell or Python/Perl/Ruby.
• REST API, Python, YAML, JSON
• Experience with container runtimes and orchestration platforms especially Docker and Kubernetes
• Experience working with CI/CD and Jenkins
• Solid knowledge of Linux operating system internals, file system structures, machine architectures and networking
• Must have excellent written and verbal communications, good presentation and documentation skills.
• Ability to lead and complete projects independently, as well as be able to delegate tasks to others. Be proactive and manage expectations. Adjust to shifting priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Preferred and Nice-To-Have Skills:
• Hardware technologies and systems administration, configuration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, security, and general maintenance
• VMware vSphere and Hyper Converged Infrastructure (HCI)
• Experience with Apache, Tomcat, Websphere/Commerce, WebLogic, Oracle databases, DNS
• Patch management, Spacewalk
Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Candidate must be eligible to work in the United States
Benefits include flexible vacation & sick time, 12 recognized holidays, and health insurance.
To be considered for this position you need to be coachable, and a strong team player.
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!