Cost Allocation Consultant
New York, NY | Contract
Title: Cost Allocation Consultant
Type: 6 month contract
Our client wants to replace its current activity based cost allocation system. The current system was developed in 2004 in an Access database. Our client is looking to bring in a Consultant who can perform an end to end review of the current process, reassess current cost methodologies, make process improvement recommendations and prepare a completed Statement of Work (SOW) that will be used in the Request for Proposal (RFP) process for a new activity based cost allocation system.
- Meet with Budgeting and cost allocation staff members to gain a clear understanding of
- the current activity based cost allocation methodology/system
- system inputs, system output and reporting requirements for CAFRA reporting, CEM reporting and corpus budget process
- Perform assessment of existing activity based cost allocation method process and system solution.
- Perform gap analysis and make recommendations for process improvement.
- Participate in the evaluation of the As-Is process and analysis and documentation of the To-Be process.
- Assist with drafting cost allocation methodologies including the allocation of overhead and other shared service costs
- Document business requirements for a new system
- Partner with Budgeting, Accounting and the Business Solutions Group to complete a Statement of work that will be the fundamental document used in the RFP process
- Provide a list of potential vendors, based upon the agency’ s needs, that should be considered to provide a new cost allocation system
- Prepare selection criteria and scoring methodology for the vendor assessment evaluation
- Prepare use cases that will be the basis for testing the new system
Required experience / skills:
- Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- 6 years of experience in activity based costing (ABC) principles
- Understanding of best business practices for activity based cost allocation
- Technical knowledge with at least 2 cost allocation systems
- Proficiency in Accounting principles and Budgeting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio and Access)
- 2 years of experience in Financial services industry
- Understanding of government budget process
- Experience with CEM Benchmarking reporting
- Experience defining report requirements
- Ability to focus on details and have strong time management skills
- Ability to interact with senior management and professional staff
- Strong written, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Active listener
- Quick learner
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!