131 Dartmouth St # 4, Boston, MA 02116 Suffolk County, MA 02113
- Job Title: Cloud Solutions Data Architect
- Status: Direct Hire
- Remote: No
- Relocation/Sponsorship Available
We are looking for an experienced Cloud Solutions Architect to join a top client and company in the area to help drive the migration of Microsoft based solutions to Amazon Web Services (AWS). This role will require a broad background in data architecture with relational database experience (MS SQL) along with demonstrated experience in migrating complex data platform solutions to AWS. This person will be responsible for the review of existing database platforms and data, be involved with the design of future state, and execute the migration of databases to AWS.
Qualified candidates should have solid experience in cloud computing environments, hands on technical skills, a passion for the latest and greatest technologies, and be a solid communicator.
- Analyze, architect, and execute the migration of large-scale Microsoft SQL Server databases to cloud native AWS RDS solutions including RedShift, PostgreSQL, Aurora, S3 data lake, etc.
- Analyze and rationalize existing data and databases into an optimized data architecture
- Evolve and strategically challenge the existing data environment and architecture
- Own the technical data strategy and present to leadership the solutions to complex data problems
- Optimize database architectures to maximize performance and minimize costs while implementing cost control mechanisms
- Design solution-independent foundational database architectures that map operational requirements to cloud services
- Continuously manage, monitor, and update database architectures as business needs evolve and additional cloud services become available
- 10 + years of relational database (MS SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.) and data architecture experience
- 5+ years of database management and software development/coding experience
- Experience coding in higher level programming language desirable: .NET C#, C++, Java, Go, or Python
- Proficient in database architecture, data warehousing, data modeling and data mining
- Experience designing cloud-native data lakes and distributed data platforms is required
- Able to construct and maintain large scale database architectures with experience improving data reliability and quality
- AWS Certified Architect and/or Developer; Associate considered, Professional preferred
- Experience architecting database cloud infrastructures on AWS for small to enterprise level applications
- Familiarity/experience with statistical modeling and regression analysis – strong plus
- Ability to interface with various teams
This role requires strong written and verbal communication skills and someone with great attention to detail. Qualified candidates for this role should be able to work collaboratively and hands on with both product teams and with the use of AWS. This person should have a creative mind and be able to troubleshoot and problem solve in order to maintain continuous improvement.
If you or someone you know is a fit for this opportunity, we’ d like to speak to you today! This is a top client of ours and we have a lot of experiencing placing folks within this organization. The company culture is unparalleled, and the longevity and tenure speak for itself. This position does offer a great bonus structure opportunity and full benefits. Please contact Talon today!
Meet Your Recruiter
Fun Facts: Taylor Swift's #1 Fan, lover of the Fast and the Furious franchise, and avid snowboarder.
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!