Data Center Engineer
Sterling, VA 20163 | Contract
Data Center Engineer
- Location: Sterling, VA
- Status: Contract assignment
- Estimated Duration: 18 months+
- Hourly Target Range: TBD
- Remote Option: No
A Health Insurance company located in Sterling, VA is presently looking for a Data Center Engineer who has strong experience in the day to day management and operations of all data center IT components.
Areas of focus:
- PHYSICAL PLANNING
- HARDWARE PLANNING
- STRUCTURED CABLING SYSTEMS MANAGEMENT
- DIAGNOSE, REPAIR and SUPPORT
Key items for this position:
- Strong Senior data center engineering skills and knowledge of, server racking, cabling and power.
- Strong Linux skills for S.E. DCIM application admin support
- Willingness to work hard during our DC build out still happening, many weekends during build out, but that slows way down in steady state.
- Once build out has completed in September, this will be a permanent split shift. [Mon & Fri First shift] and [split shift Tues, Wed & Thursday 8am-12noon & 8pm-12midnight, with some flexibility].
- 5+ years of demonstrated hands on management of the IT components of the data center
- 3+ years of relevant experience with data center operations (experience with power / electrical equipment including generators, critical and essential PDU' s, UPS, switchgear, DC Power Systems, and building monitoring/control systems)
- Familiarity with HP, IBM, and Dell Servers, Blades, SAN, VMWare, Mainframe, AS400 and Cisco equipment
- Understanding of basic network and storage area network concepts and standards
- Solid understanding of facilities and cabling standards
- Familiarity with DCIM systems (StruxureWare Data Center Expert preferred)
- Strong documentation skills to capture architecture details, procedures, and other relevant data
- Planning, organization, problem solving, communication (face to face, email & telephone), time management and prioritizing skills
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with internal team members and external vendors
- Understanding of basic Microsoft Suite applications
Benefits include Medical and Dental Insurance, 401(k), Employee Service Center, Referral Bonuses, Loyalty and Longevity Bonuses, and Plum Benefits.
To be considered for this position you need to have the ability to work in a very fast paced environment, and be a quick learner. Excellent communication skills are essential in this role.
If you feel you are qualified for this position, please apply directly via talonpro.com.
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!