Cisco Data Center Technician
Sterling, VA 20163 | Contract
Cisco Data Center Technician
- Location: Sterling, Va
- Status: Contract assignment
- Estimated Duration: 4 months+
- Schedule will include weekend work
- Remote Option: No
A Health Insurance company with offices located in Sterling, VA is presently looking for a Cisco Data Center Technician who has data center implementation experience to add to their growing team. The selected candidate will have experience with network design, planning, implementation and troubleshooting.
Description Of Work:
- Datacenter design and planning
- Collaborate with peers to review design proposals and implementation plans
- Create, review, and maintain documentation
- Support application and system migrations
- Document and design network subnets, firewall rules, and load balancing based on application requirements.
- Stage, deploy, and test configurations
- Resolve issues and escalate to DC network team management when necessary
- Implement new equipment
- Patience to adhere to maintenance windows and change control procedure
Technical Skill Required
- Experience with design, implementation, and migration projects
- Routing and Switching experience with Cisco IOS and NX-OS (Cisco 2900, 3900, ASR, 3750, 4500, 6500, Nexus 2k/5k/7k)
- Firewall and load balancing implementation experience (F5, ACE, CSM, CSS, ASA, FWSM)
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP and routing protocols (BGP and OSPF)
- Understanding of VLAN, SVI, STP, VDC, VPC
- Understanding of DNS and DHCP
- Ability to troubleshoot network and system connectivity issues
Soft Skills Required
- Creative problem-solving abilities and attention to detail.
- Must be able to work independently or as a contributing member to the team
- Interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members
- MS Visio and Excel experience
- Ability to manage projects and drive them to completion
- Ability to multitask and prioritize workload
- Customer oriented temperament
Other Skills Desired:
- Network/Firewall/Load-balancing migration experience
- 5+ years practical experience in a network environment as a network engineer, architect, analyst or specialist
- Cisco certifications (eg. CCNA, CCDA, CCNP, CCSP, CCIE)
Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and at least four, typically six or more years experience in all phases of infrastructure network management or its equivalent in education and work experience
Benefits include Medical and Dental Insurance, 401(k), Employee Service Center, Referral Bonuses, Loyalty and Longevity Bonuses, and Plum Benefits.
To be considered for this position you need to have the ability to work in a very fast paced environment, and be a quick learner. Excellent communication skills are essential in this role.
If you feel you are qualified for this position, please apply directly via talonpro.com.