675 6th Ave, New York, NY 10010 New York, NY 10010 | Direct Hire
Title: Data Engineer
Status: Full time - direct hire
Salary: $150, 000
A wellness company in New York City is presently looking for a Data Engineer to add to their growing team. This is an excellent opportunity for a Data Engineer to join an established, and growing, wellness client in New York City.
You will be responsible for:
- Data Engineering (GCP or AWS)
- Programming in Scala, Python or Java
- Buidling data pipelines using Apache Bean or Apache Spark
- Work closely with our data scientists to help build complex algorithms that provide unique insights into our data.
- Build data pipelines that clean, transform and aggregate data from many different sources.
- Develop models that can be used to make predictions.
- Build complex functions that answer questions for the business.
- Model data at rest and enable powerful data analysis.
- Enable machine learning, natural language processing and other data science methods.
- Work with engineers across the organization to identify data quality issues in source systems and help keep the data clean.
- Provide solutions that help share data with the enterprise.
- Be an advocate for best practices and continued learning.
You should have:
- Experience with a Cloud Data Platform such as GCP or AWS
- If GCP: Big Query, Cloud Dataflow, Cloud Dataproc, Pub/Sub
- If AWS: Redshift, EMR, Datapipeline, RDS, Lambda, and Kinesis.
- Experience programming in Scala, Python, or Java.
- Experience building data pipelines using Apache Beam or Apache Spark.
- Experience with some of the following data stores: Big Query, Redshift, Postgres, Cassandra, or Mongo.
It would be great if you also have:
- Experience with real time streaming solutions such as Kinesis, Pub/Sub, or Kafka.
- Large scale Data Modeling from a Modern Big Data perspective.
- Experience producing and consuming event driven data.
- Experience working on a data team building functions, models and complex algorithms
The opportunity to work with some of the best innovators in the industry.
- Generous healthcare coverage.
- 401(K) with company match.
- Paid Time Off
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness allowance
- Profit Sharing
- Plus, the resources to locate services including child care, legal services, pet care and more
If you feel you are a fit for this role please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply at talonpro.com
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!