Data Warehouse Developer
650 5th Ave, Floor 12 New York, NY 10019 | Direct Hire
- Position: Data Warehouse Developer
- Location: NYC
- Salary Range: Open dependent upon experience
- Remote Option: None
A cutting-edge technology company is presently looking for a Data Warehouse Developer to add to their growing team.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to widen their technical knowledge.
You will be responsible to develop, maintain, and grow our clients Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence platform. Being a strongly data driven company, the continued effort to refine and level up our understanding of our business is core to what we do. We are looking for someone who is passionate about data, databases, and SQL, and can utilize their skills to help make significant improvements to our overall data systems.
Day to day:
- Help build and maintain our data model, both in the Data Warehouse (Currently SQL Server 2016), as well as in the Business Intelligence Platform (Looker)
- Work with our existing Data Warehouse experts to design and build the next generation of our business intelligence platform.
- Bring data into our Data Warehouse from multiple sources at various time intervals that support the company’ s Business Intelligence and Reporting/Analytic requirements
- Work closely with both technical and non-technical/business teams to understand their data needs, and develop solutions to meet them
- Part of your role will involve Database Administration, including creating schemas, managing accounts and permissions, and performance tuning
- 5 – 7 years of demonstrated experience in a Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence role
- You have outstanding SQL skills, you have worked in a Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence environment and you are well-versed in stored procedures, analytic/window functions, views, indexing, and other database features
- You have strong experience with various Database platforms including Microsoft SQL Server (preferred), PostgreSQL, and MySQL. Experience with any cloud based database (Redshift, Google BigQuery, Snowflake, Azure) is a huge plus, as we may look to migrate to one of them
- You have experience with ETL processing, and integrating with various source and target systems (internal and external)
- You have a strong understanding of data warehouse concepts and architecture, such as star/snowflake schema design; dimension and fact tables
- You have excellent project management skills and can effectively balance short-term work (ad-hoc requests, system maintenance, tuning/optimization), with longer-term projects
- Excellent analytic, process flow, problem solving, troubleshooting, communication, and customer service skills
- Some shell scripting and/or python experience, as well as experience with Salesforce integration is a huge plus
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!