Desktop Support Analyst
44 South Broadway Suite 301 Westchester County, NY 10601
- Contract (3 - 6 Months +)
- Remote: No
Are you a Desktop Support Analyst looking for your next career move in a really great city? Close to shops and restaurants, our client has an immediate need for a Desktop Support professional to join their team in a contract capacity. The length of this contract would depend on the quality of work provided. Qualified candidates must have excellent communication skills, be a team player and have a knack for detail and a " can-do" attitude.
Qualified candidates must have strong interpersonal skills to interact positively and productively with end users. Under limited supervision, this person will be responsible for providing hands-on technical support and maintenance for company' s computing environment. This includes but is not limited to the support for day-to-day operations of all hardware and software technologies for desktop, laptop, and System Management platforms. Support the company' s IT Infrastructure, participate in technical projects as needed and communicate technical support issues. Train end-users on new and existing technology and facilitate the ability for employees to work as efficiently as possible.
End User Support responsibilities
- Demonstrate a " can do" attitude to provide superior customer service in a fast-paced environment.
- General desktop support of end-user equipment and software (Windows 7 /10 Active Directory Environment).
- Support local area networking and telephony equipment (Cisco Environment).
- Support business software including Microsoft Office and various proprietary systems:
- Office 365
- Support telephony, mobile device management and messaging (iPhone, Android, Blackberry - ActiveSync).
- Document support interactions in the ticketing system following policies, procedures and processes.
- Setup audio-visual equipment for scheduled and impromptu meetings.
Other duties and responsibilities
- Train end-users on various technologies including but not limited to: Cisco phone, GoToMeeting, Microsoft Outlook, and various homegrown applications
- Maintain proper documentation.
- Participate in the continuous assessment and improvement of the quality of care and services provided by the Desktop Support Team.
- Work closely with external vendor contacts and internal partners to effectively resolve issues.
- Proactively identify potential areas of risk and escalate within the Infrastructure team as needed.
- Keep abreast of market trends and best practices; make recommendations to management team as appropriate.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Ability to support a variety of technologies, business departments and systems, and independently resolve problems and proactively communicate solutions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with external vendors, internal team members and system users.
- Knowledge of network environments and concepts such as TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, Active Directory.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Server technology and infrastructure platforms including Windows server operating systems, office 365, messaging (Exchange), database (SQL), web proxy (IIS), and Remote Desktop Services
If you or someone you know is qualified for this position and looking to join an reputable company with excellent benefits, team culture and great work life balance - please contact your dedicated IT Talon Recruiter today!
Talon Technology consultants have the ability to take advantage of benefits as well as referral bonuses!
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!