Dev-Ops/Application Support Analyst
485 Lexington Ave, 15th Floor New York County, NY 10017
Position: Dev-Ops/Application Support Analyst
- Status: Contract-to-hire
- Remote Option: None
A financial services company is presently looking for an Application Support Analyst to add to their growing team.
This is a growth role for a mid-level, go-getter candidate with about 5-10+ years of overall experience.
You will be expected to serve as an application/production support Level 1 and 2 analyst for the company’ s applications. In this role, the support analyst will be the primary person responsible for working with business users to assist them with all their application support needs with regard to the applications they use to do their day-to-day job.
This individual will also establish and maintain a relationship with the business users to coordinate their needs with the many third-party application vendors and the internal application developers. Ad-hoc SQL queries will be required in response to business users’ requests, delivering timely and quality solutions and increased benefits to the business.
Powershell ETL (data loading) and other scripting is a requirement. The company has a large set of scripts that are scheduled via the JAMS scheduling system, and the group is responsible for making sure these scripts run smoothly and escalating to the developers as necessary.
The App Support group handles support for our vendor applications, only involving the vendor when escalation is required. Vendor applications supported include:
- FIS VPM Fund Accounting System
- Charles River OMS
- Electra STAARS (Recon) and ACTION (Settlement)
- Cash Recon
- Vendor Management / Invoice Tracking
- MiFID and other regulatory reporting
This person must be able to work in a fast-paced environment where you will think on their feet, seek creative solutions, turn solutions around quickly, and see the solution through to implementation.
As far as a career path, there are multiple historical cases where analysts in this role have transitioned over time to a more senior Business Analyst role, or even a Database Architect in one case.
- 2+ years financial industry experience
- 3+ years experience as a devops / application support analyst.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both spoken and written.
- Experience working with JAMS or equivalent batch scheduling system.
- Powershell or related scripting language.
- Solid SQL background.
- Candidate must have an assertive and outgoing personality and be self-confident. They must have a proven record as a problem solver, able to tackle and resolve multiple problems in a timely manner.
- Working knowledge of Fixed Income Products, bank debt investments, and Bloomberg Professional and Bulk Data services.
- Experience supporting fund accounting and trade order management system (specific knowledge of Sungard VPM and/or Charles River strong pluses).
- Database Administration experience.
- Experience with vendor applications
- Data management / ETL background.
- Managing Web Applications and Services in IIS, as well as Windows Services.
Benefits include: a competitive bonus structure, zero out of pocket expense to employee for medical/dental health coverage, 2 weeks vacation and 1 week sick time to start.
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!