DevOps Design Expert / Developer
900 Cottage Grove Road Hartford County, CT 06095
DevOps Design Expert / Developer
- Status: Contract assignment
- Estimated Duration: 1 year
- Hourly Target Range: TBD
A Health Insurance company is presently looking for a DevOps Design Expert / Developer. There is an increase in demand to operationalize DevOps tools in the cloud and is looking to bring someone on right away.
We are looking for a senior level technical Consultant with minimum 10+ years of IT experience, working on Software Development Lifecycle, Web Application development. This resource must be able to build, maintain, automate, monitor upgrade and test DevOps (CI/CD) pipeline tools and environments. The candidate must be a self-starter that takes initiative to understand and validate the behavior of tools, best practices, industry trends and features DevOps teams need and utilize. Candidates need to have a strong sense of ownership, passion to provide a great customer experience, excellent troubleshooting skills in situations that require a sense of urgency.
We are looking for an individual who:
- Hands experience with performance engineering/testing.
- Works with operations teams to drive value and progress to identify performance bottlenecks through the use of benchmarking, profiling and monitoring tools
- In-depth working knowledge of integration points with the CI/CD tool chain and process using a thorough understanding of available technology, tools, existing designs, and best practices such as jProfiler, APM tools
- Understanding of CI/CD tools such as Sonar, Fortify, binary artifacts tools (Nexus or Artifactory, uDeploy, Glu, Puppet, Chef), CI (Jenkins) and monitoring tools (Nagios, TeamQuest, ARX, APM and Splunk) that are open and commercial
- Proficient in either LoadRunner or JMeter and know when to use either tool
- Subject matter expert in one or more technologies/platforms or highly specialized area(s), and working knowledge of other related domains
- Provides technical thought leadership in identifying and implementing new uses of information technologies which assist the functional business units in meeting their strategic objectives
- Feels at ease with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
- Has a strong grasp of automation and monitoring tools
- Excellent trouble shooting skills and testing techniques
- Solid understanding of resiliency engineering and the concept of fault management and application performance management
- Administrative knowledge of Linux/Unix environments including being able to install, tune and configure applications
- Has strong focus on business outcomes and is focused on results
- Design and develop automated processes to maintain, upgrade, test, monitor CI/CD DevOps pipeline for the tool chain (Jenkins, GiTLab, TFS, Nexus, Scanning tools, ALM uDeploy)
- Expert in design, implementation and support of efforts to utilize containers and automate operation processes
- Provide operations engineering for the DevOps tool chain
- Work with DevOps Architects to design test environments and production environment for CI/CD tools
- Leverage Cigna Private Cloud where possible (provision, de-provision hardware) to ensure that hardware utilization is optimized
- Enable development teams to leverage the build and release tool chain
- Support CI/CD strategy with stakeholders across various development, operations and quality teams
- Leverage your exceptional ability and motivation to solve problems and learn fast
Education: Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, at least eight, typically ten or more years of solid, diverse work experience in IT with a minimum of four years’ experience application program development, or the equivalent in education and work experience.
- APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT
- APPLICATION PERFORMANCE
- FAULT MANAGEMENT
- JAVA SERVER PAGES
- KORN SHELL
- MODEL VIEW CONTROLLER
Benefits include Medical and Dental Insurance, 401(k), Employee Service Center, Referral Bonuses, Loyalty and Longevity Bonuses, and Plum Benefits.
To be considered for this position you need to have the ability to work in a very fast paced environment, and be a quick learner. Excellent communication skills are essential in this role.
If you feel you are qualified for this position, please apply directly via talonpro.com.
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!