545 Washington Blvd Hudson County , NJ 07310
Job Title: DevOps Engineer
Status: Direct Hire
Compensation: Dependent upon experience
We are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join the team and to support an exciting initiative for a global well known company. This role is currently supporting a migration of Microsoft based solutions to Amazon Web Services (AWS). The ideal candidate will have broad DevOps experience with demonstrated experience in establishing automation solutions for AWS. The DevOps Engineer will assess existing technologies, help design future state, and assist in executing the roadmap for the build and deploy processes.
The role requires solid experience in cloud computing environments, hands on technical skills, passion and a strong desire towards the latest technologies. Qualified folks will require excellent communication skills.
- Design and build automated DevOps processes and procedures in conjunction with a migration of large scale mixed technology applications to AWS; preferably cloud native.
- Design build plans, assist developers with failures and manage software configurations.
- Ensure end-to-end deployments succeed and resources come up in an automated fashion.
- Provide direction to developers with server troubleshooting and application errors due to configuration issues.
- Debug production outages and take actions resulting from root cause analysis.
- Monitor production environment and act to keep systems stable and running.
- 3 + years of DevOps experience
- 5 + years of experience with Linux administration, Windows administration, and IIS management
- 3 + years of experience with AWS
- Hands-on Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery technology experience
- AWS Certified Architect and/or Developer; Associate considered, Professional preferred
- Experience working with Chef Automate
- · Proficient in: Bash, Chef, Powershell, Python, XML, Web concepts and REST APIs
- Prior work with ECS, Docker, Postgres, ElasticSearch, microservices, message queues and related technologies
- Demonstrated fundamental understanding of modern platform technologies and industry standard methodologies
- Deep knowledge of multiple monitoring tools and how to mine them for advanced data
- Creative and innovative approach to problem solving and passion for continuous improvement
- Experience mentoring and coaching colleagues
If you are a solid communicator that has the above skills and works well in a collaborative work environment, working across team, this is the role for you! Excellent company opportunity, great culture and outstanding benefits available!
Please contact us today - referral bonus' offered and paid!
Meet Your Recruiter
Fun Facts: Taylor Swift's #1 Fan, lover of the Fast and the Furious franchise, and avid snowboarder.
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!