Digital Media Designer
Two North Ninth Street Allentown, PA 18101 | Contract
- Job Title: Digital Media Designer
- Status: Contract 6+ Months
- Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
- Remote: No
Our Client in the Lehigh Valley area is currently seeking a Digital Media Designer to join their team in a long term contract capacity.
The qualified professional designs, develops, and produces a variety of web-based, interactive and/or multimedia graphics, animation, video and audio production, slides and/or content materials for internal and external online communications channels, presentations and other electronic media to support branding and communications.
1. Web Development
Responsible for computer-based, web-based, or multimedia-based layout, graphics, animation, video, audio and/or content for use on corporate websites, social media channels, presentations, video productions, multimedia programs, emails, and other electronic media.
- Creating, maintaining and updating internal and external websites using current content management systems.
- Integrating and maintaining complementary technologies as they emerge.
- Managing search engine optimization efforts and recommending areas of improvement for external websites.
- Maintaining and implementing strategies in accordance with WCAG 2.0 guidelines for web accessibility for external websites.
- Annually reviewing and updating company URL/domain list and take action to renew or discontinue line items.
- Designing and enforcing coding standards for superior technical solutions and enhanced security. Managing version control for all websites and plug-ins and actively maintaining SSL certificates.
- Assisting with both formal and informal orientation and training of other employees.
- Executing project work plans and revising as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
Perform creative and technical duties to produce videos, animations and still photography for the company.
- Designing, producing and editing audio visual projects. Managing creation and implementation of special effects, composition, and overall design.
- Supporting and/or executing photography services at company events or in support of audiovisual projects.
- Developing and maintaining digital photograph archives.
- Creatively translate abstract concepts into effective visual form in a variety of media.
- Preparing and adapting graphics and print materials to fit needs of clients and target audience.
3. Technical Support
Conducting research into new technologies and trends by: Researching and making recommendations for software and equipment purchases.
- Contacting vendors to research products and resolve technical problems.
- Providing technical consultation to staff and clients.
Degree in Web Design and/or Digital Media or a related field is required along with 3-5 years of experience.
A combination of education and experience will also be considered. Experience and competency in the use of:
- Adobe Premiere & Creative Suite
- Microsoft Office
- Coding languages: CSS, HTML, Java (or comparable programming language, i.e. JQuery), PHP (ability to understand but not write PHP acceptable)
- Content management tools: WordPress/WP Engine, SharePoint
- Windows operating systems and Mac OS
- DSLR cameras, video cameras and associated editing software
- Proficiency and experience in design for social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn).
- Proven experience in the conceptualization, design, and production of graphics, video, web and print materials supplemented by advanced coursework in graphic design, web design and television production is desirable.
If you or someone you know is qualified for this opening, please contact your dedicated IT Talon Recruiter today for submission. Excellent company benefits and referral bonus' offered.
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!