Director of NetSuite & Business Systems
248 Main Street Chatham, NJ 07928 | Direct Hire
Position: Director of NetSuite & Business Systems
Location: Chatham NJ
Status: Direct Hire
Salary Range: $160, 000-200, 000
Remote Option: NO
Luxury company is seeking a System Architect specializing in NetSuite and other Business Systems. This position is responsible for all systems architecture and ensure that the business is able to easily access all pertinent customer and business information. In this role, the candidate will serve as the primary conduit for all technology. Self-starter needed with effective communication skills, detail oriented and flexible. 4 years of on-site implementing or upgrading a NetSuite ERP application and must have experience integrating outside data sources into NetSuite.
The candidate should possess the following, but arguably conflicting, traits / skills:
- Opinionated & Experienced – We are building an IT infrastructure to last. You must have a view on what is best practice that sets us up for both tomorrow and the day after.
- Effective Communication Skills – As the expert voice that represents our IT infrastructure, you must be able to articulate why your opinion should be binding on the organization.
- Pragmatism – There will be times when today’ s needs outweigh the needs of tomorrow. You must be able to prioritize those changes and amend plans and move heaven and earth to get the job done - a $100 solution is not needed when a 10-cent solution will suffice and you must be able to respond to the business’ need.
- Dynamism & Self Starting – We have a real respect for the work-life balance, but when working we expect you to throw yourself at all relevant challenges and issued. We also want someone that isn’ t waiting for someone to highlight error and improvements. We want someone who architects solutions they themselves are proud to put their name on.
- Flexibility - There is always more than one way to think about a situation. You must be open to amending plans. This is about doing things the best way for the organization as a whole. None of us have the perfect answer in our own silo’ s.
- Intuition & Active Listening – As is the case with all things IT, folks can expect things to happen “ auto-magically”. “ Can you make it just do this” is fraught with underlying complexity (if you’ re the right person for this job, you’ ll be nodding your head at this point). You must have the experience to actively listen and ask questions to fully understand the problem. You must also be able to intuit issues and actively address them.
- Detail Orientation – The possible combinations of events is staggering, you must be detail oriented enough to understand the possible combinations and be able to architect solutions to cover the vast majority of these scenarios.
- Act as Project Manager and drive all significant IT development with our third party developers, both front-end (Shopify) and back-end (NetSuite Hub). This will include
- Integration development and improvement (3PL, Shopify, EDI)
- NetSuite process improvements – development of custom records, custom fields, suiteflows, scripts (a plus but not necessary).
- Front-end Projects, that often will be scoped by our E-commerce team and executed by you
- Business Process improvements.
- Create governance around IT prioritization.
- Development of better error / exception handling and reporting
- Serve as the IT and NetSuite evangelist that will both (where necessary) tactically develop reports for folks based on individual and company needs AND more strategically be the person to train the organization to be more self-sufficient and get the most out of the IT infrastructure.
- Act as main administrator of Netsuite ERP- Provide training for all employees, communication of new updates, configuration of accounting/system preferences. Ensure all users have proper access.
- Review and document all current systems and determine areas of risk and improvement.
- Handle troubleshooting of daily system errors and resolution.
- Create comprehensive technical documentation for our NetSuite deployment, including fully documenting existing and new customizations, scripts, workflows, and defined business processes.
- Bachelor’ s degree in a technical field is preferred.
- 4+ years of on-site experience implementing and/or upgrading a NetSuite ERP application for a company that handles physical products; manufacturing and omni-channel sales a strong plus. This experience is non-negotiable.
- This is a functional administration position, but the ideal candidate has programming exposure, a demonstrated aptitude for coding, and a strong interest in building out his/her development skills.
- Significant knowledge of NetSuite
- NetSuite Administrator certification preferred.
- Abilities should include: advanced SuiteFlow, SuiteScript (read and modify; basic write a plus), formula-driven search criteria, financial reporting, custom records, advanced HTML/PDF templates, dashboard design, third-party integrations, and CSV imports.
- Experience using NetSuite (One World) in an organization that works with a physical product in a multi-location omni-channel environment.
- Must have experience integrating outside data sources into NetSuite (EDI, 3PL WMS, etc.
- Ability to learn quickly, self-teach when required, and effectively seek out resources and information as needed.
- An understanding of start-up environments and agile development/project management.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to deliver training and feedback at all levels of the company and create effective documentation and reference resources.
- Additional knowledge of Shopify, SPS Commerce preferred
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Must work autonomously in a fast- paced, growing environment
- Ability to streamline complex systems
- Collaborative personality
Fast-paced growing environment with lots of perks
Additional knowledge of Shopify SPS Commerce preferred
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!