121 River Street Hoboken, NJ 07030 | Contract to Direct Hire
- Location: Hudson County, NJ
- Status: Contract to hire
- Rate: Dependent upon experience
This consultant should have previously worked in or have knowledge of the following Industries:
- Financial Services
The ETL developer will work as part of the Project Work Stream team. They will have strong data processes and integration experience to contribute toward the success of our technology initiatives. The role will primarily be responsible for implementing ETL processes using a variety of source data on multiple data warehouse implementations supporting multiple products. They will participate in the in requirements definition, solution development and the implementation phases of data warehouse and reporting projects. They will create and maintain ETL specifications and process documentation to produce the required data deliverables (data profiling, source to target maps, ETL flows), etc.
- Designs, develops, automates, and supports complex applications to extract, transform, and load data.
- Ensures data quality.
- Develops logical and physical dataflow models for ETL applications.
- Codes, tests, implements, and automates complex processes.
- Plans and conducts ETL unit and development tests; monitors results and takes corrective action.
- Oversees basic and advanced transformation activities such as normalization, cleansing, aggregation, summarization, and integration.
- Translates data access, transformation, and movement requirements into functional requirements and mapping designs.
- Designs automation processes to control data access, transformation, and movement.
- Ensures source system data availability and update accessibility, data integrity, restart ability, and error handling.
- Leads technical staff to investigate, analyze, and resolve complex technical problems related to system functions, environment, and procedures.
- Identifies and manages interfaces, service levels, standards, and configurations
- Participates in the overall development process via architecture guidance, design and code reviews, and estimation and planning assistance
- Performs other related duties as required
Required Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Ability to work with Oracle, SQL Server, and IDMS mainframe databases
- Ability to work with Business Objects, OBIEE, Cognos and other BI development and presentation tools
- Ability to work with Informatica Oracle ODI and other ETL data warehousing tools and concepts
- Ability to document and troubleshoot problems and effectively communicate with business and technical team members at all levels
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- 5+ years software development experience in one or more of the following areas: ETL, BI and DW
- 5+ years of experience in DW multi-dimensional modeling
- Extensive experience in query and database access tools, relational databases, technical troubleshooting, database design, data warehousing, application testing, system testing, implementation, and application development tools.
- Must be a self-starter and can operate independently with minimal supervision as well as work closely with our team and very comfortable with working alongside senior leader in the group.
- Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent and proven collaboration skills
- Demonstrated financial and operational integrity.
- Understanding of the Project Delivery Framework and SDLC
- Understanding of Waterfall and Agile Project Management Methodology
- Mapping capabilities (systems, processes, etc.) to requirements to ensure that department/project needs/goals are met.
- Strong meeting facilitation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; Strong analytical skills and detail oriented;
- Ability to multitask a must – ex. Being on top of many things at one time.
- Excellent problem solving skills; Professionally assertive and collegial
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Access, Excel, PowerPoint), and at least an understanding of financial applications.
- Stable career history - Strong willingness and desire to perform in a fast paced environment!
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!