Frontend Web Application Developer
1910 South Highland Avenue Lombard, IL 60148
Position: Frontend Web Application Developer
Location: Lombard, IL
Estimated Duration: 6 Months
Remote Option: No
Hourly Pay: $36 - $66 per hour
Our client plays a central, connective role in uniting the world through travel. The travel industry is about culture, acceptance, inclusion, and exploration of people and places across the world. Play a rewarding and important role in the community that promotes life changing individual, family, and group experiences through your skills in digital development.
You will be part of a small, dynamic team that appreciates entrepreneurial spirit and promotes using technology to solve real impactful business challenges.
Responsibilities include translating UI/UX design wireframes to produce visual elements of the application while actively participating and interacting with the team to bridge any gaps. You appreciate and understand the DRY principal in building clean, readable, easily maintainable code while optimizing for maximum speed and scalability
Required Knowledge and Qualifications
- 3-5 years of web application development experience in .NET framework 4+, ASP.NET and C#/ MVC ecosystems
- Demonstrated experience in creating Single Page Application websites
- Expert understanding of cross browser compatible markup, including HTML5, CSS3 with proven knowledge of web (responsive and mobile) best practices
- Good understanding of SEO principles
- Familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with foundation framework a plus
- Native app (iOS or Android) development experience a plus
- Problem solving skills with the ability to research and provide various solutions while effectively negotiating trade-offs with product management and engineering to achieve optimal UX
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and act with a sense of urgency
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, experience writing technical documents
- Be able to demonstrate systematic and analytical approach with good problem solving skills
- Ability to independently and rapidly learn new technology
Formal Education or Equivalent:
The individual should have a BS degree in computer science or equivalent formal training or work experience.
Benefits include Medical and Dental Insurance, 401(k), Employee Service Center, Referral Bonuses, Loyalty and Longevity Bonuses, along with Hotel Engine Benefits.
Fun Facts: Loves to cook, Beach bum, Future Dog owner.
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!