Full Stack Engineer
900 Cottage Grove Road Hartford County, CT 06095
Full Stack Engineer
- Status: Contract assignment
- Estimated Duration: 1 year
- Hourly Target Range: TBD
A great client of ours is presently seeking a Full Stack Engineer to add to their growing team. There are 2 positions available.
The Full-stack Engineer is responsible for the delivery of a business need end-to-end starting from understanding the requirements to deploying the software into production. This role requires you to be fluent in some of the critical technologies with proficiency in others and have a hunger to learn on the job and add value to the business. Critical attributes in being a full-stack engineer among others is Ownership & Accountability.
- Superior software development background that will facilitate design and development of technical solutions for new and existing web based applications.
- Interacts with Business Users, Scrum Masters and peer engineers to analyze system requirements, design, develop, and test end to end web based applications.
- Technical solutions and supporting deliverables will be constructed to enable IT clients to accomplish their business objectives.
- Develop end to end solutions from requirements to data model design to data capture to front end presentation of the solution. The full stack engineer should be able to develop and unit test every component within the solution.
- Develop solutions using Python, Cognos/Tableau/Looker and M/L algorithms.
- Participate as a Quality Engineer to assist other Full Stack Engineers with testing of their solutions. This includes defining, executing, and documenting system test plans, test cases, data mining, test execution and results, defect resolution, and test summaries.
- Experience with Test Driven Development and CICD practices.
- Use Test Driven Development strategies to conduct unit testing and participate with system testing as required.
- Identifies and implements test automation and Continuous Delivery opportunities.
- Fill out required documentation such as installation instructions and follow standards and procedures.
- Anticipate customers’ analytic needs and proactively conceptualize and champion high-value solutions.
- Actively support products by providing prompt responses to customer problems and inquiries. Make the customer’ s experience first priority in all.
- Keep the Production Support team management informed of any issues or concerns.
- Participate/Assist with deployments to all environments including Production (which could occur after hours).
- New development and support task responsibilities as assigned.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent job experience preferred
- 2+ years of being part of Agile teams using scrum o- 2+ years of being part of Agile teams using scrum or Kanban
- 5+ years software development experience including ETL and Big Data platforms.
- Looker development experience (other related experience with Cognos or Tableau)
- 3+ years of working in an object-oriented language: C, C++, Java, Scala, or other OO compiled language.
- 3+ years of scripting (python, ruby, perl, etc.) Python experience is required.
- Experience with PL/SQL, Teradata, Data Lake, and Big Data platforms.
- Experience with TOAD, GIT, Jenkins, uDeploy, DevOps.
- Knowledge of data warehousing and UNIX
- Experience working with customers from the initial development of business requirements, through all the agile steps and providing on-going maintenance and support.
- Demonstrates ability to obtain expert-level proficiency in multiple technologies.
- Exemplifies teamwork and serves as role model. Ability to successfully facilitate collaboration across multiple functions, departments and levels. Unquestionable ethics & integrity.
- Aptitude for gaining deep knowledge of the industry and business, and proactively using this knowledge to deliver meaningful results.
- Track record of consistently delivering projects and taking accountability for work and results. Confronts tough issues and situations.
- Consults with clients and teammates to identify all facets of an issue and generate a solution. Understands potential impacts to processes and systems across organization and factors these into solutions. Excellent conceptualization, analytical and logic skills.
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate, both orally and in writing. Ability to articulate and translate technical language to non-technical customers. Influences at all levels across the company within span of control.
- Demonstrates and promotes creativity and innovation. Proactively seeks out alternative solutions to business problems.
- Must work well in a team environment
- Understanding of contemporary software development techniques and the ability to apply them in the context of various software development life cycles
- Knowledge and/or experience with Health care information domains is a plus
Benefits include Medical and Dental Insurance, 401(k), Employee Service Center, Referral Bonuses, Loyalty and Longevity Bonuses, and Plum Benefits.
To be considered for this position you need to have the ability to work in a very fast paced environment, and be a quick learner. Excellent communication skills are essential in this role.
If you feel you are qualified for this position, please apply directly via talonpro.com.
Fun Facts: Loves to cook, Beach bum, Future Dog owner.
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!