Full Stack Java Developer
70 Hudson St, Hudson County, NJ 07302
Full Stack Java Developer
- Status: Contract to Hire - 6 Month / Direct Hire
- Remote Option: No
Our Client is looking for a Full Stack Software Developer to design, develop, and support applications, both COTS and in-house.
Perform preliminary project analysis and document findings as required by department standards. Provide the necessary level of project management and control to keep all assigned projects on schedule. Conduct business area analysis, requirements definition, logical and detailed design, coding, testing, and implementation for all assigned development projects, according to departmental policies and procedures.
Must be able to successfully complete large/complex development projects in a timely and cost effective manner with minimal supervision.Provide full support for all assigned Bank application systems. System support includes, but is not limited to: problem resolution (business and non-business hours); user support; and system maintenance.
Assist the project manager and end users in identifying and recommending automated solutions to business problems. Assist in the evaluation and implementation of vendor-supplied solutions. Provide assistance and direction to other developers, as required. Accurately track and record hours worked on assigned projects/maintenance. Attend training session as assigned.
Bachelor’ s degree in business, computer science, or engineering preferred. Experience in lieu of education will be considered.
- Communicates clearly and concisely.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships at all levels.
- Strong passion for software development.
- Skilled in project management techniques and one or more Systems Development Life Cycle methodologies.
- Ability to train and mentor more junior software developers.
- System Analysis and design skills (Must have demonstrable experience)
- Skilled in system analysis including process flows, data flows and data lineage.
- Skilled in defining all aspects of system context such as use cases, functional specification, wire frames, security, business data model, business process model.
- Highly skilled in defining all aspects of system design such as system structure, interface contracts, physical data model, scenario diagrams and deployment diagrams.
- Highly skilled in core Java, Java based web frameworks such as Spring, ANGULAR JS or SEAM or STRUTS, JAVA based OR mapping frameworks such as Hibernate or EJB3.
- Highly skilled in DBMS technologies such as SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase – Stored procedures, Triggers, Data Modelling.
- Highly skilled in Data processing using tools such as Schedulers (TIDAL), ETL (Business Objects), ESB (Camel) and reporting (Crystal).
- Highly skilled in scripting technologies such as Bash, Jscript and batch.
- Highly skilled in implementing and integrating common off-the-shelf software (COTS) - Preferably in Banking technologies such as Principia, OPICS, Oracle Flexcube, Lawson.
- Basic knowledge of DevOps methodologies and build tools such as Maven and Artifactory. Basic knowledge of Amazon Web Services API.
- Skilled in analyzing current technological trends.
- Highly skilled in managing system integration issues between diverse platforms.
- Application support skills (Must have demonstrable experience in making decisions in production support environment)
- Skilled in issue management such as prioritization, timely disposition and reporting.
- Highly skilled in root cause analysis.
- Highly skilled in developing and implementing fixes.
A minimum of:
- Four years of software development experience in system analysis, core application development and support skills
- Medical/Dental/Vision - HSA subsidy up to $850/year, $1700 for family
- 401K, 6% Match
- Pension Plan, non contributory
- Tuition Reimbursement - up to 8K per degree
- Certification Coverage
Fun Facts: Avid New York Sports fan: Rangers, Yankees, and Giants, Big movie and TV fan: especially Gangster films (Goodfellas is my favorite movie of all time), Avid skier
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!