900 Cottage Grove Road Bloomfield, CT 06095 | Contract
- Position: Hadoop Administrator
- Location: Bloomfield CT
- Status: Contract assignment
- Estimated Duration: 8 months+
- Hourly Target Range: TBD
A Health Insurance company located in Bloomfield, CT is presently looking for a Hadoop Administrator who is self- motivated to add to their growing team. The selected candidate will work onsite in CT.
Description Of Work:
- Analyzes, designs, creates and implements Big Data infrastructures, including access methods, device allocations, validation checks, organization and security. Designs data models, logical and physical infrastructure designs, etc. Assists in system planning, scheduling, and implementation. Initiates corrective actions to stay on schedule. Installs, upgrades, and tests complex big data deployments. Develops and implements recovery plans and procedures. Disciplines: Hadoop design and analysis.
- Involved in the analysis, design, development and implementation of software applications. Determines user requirements, leads application design, plans projects, establishes priorities and monitors progress.
- Solid administrative knowledge of Hadoop a must (Cloudera distribution a plus)
- Bi Tool integration with Hadoop
- DBA experience HBASE
- Experience with database replication and scaling
- Design, install, and maintain highly available systems (including monitoring, security, backup, and performance tuning)
- Linux (RHEL) proficiency a must
- Scripting experience
- Automation experience (Ansible)
- Must possess good analytics and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently
- Must be willing to work flexible hours
- INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEERING
- PROBLEM SOLVING
- PERFORMANCE TUNING
- APACHE HBASE
- BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE
Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, at least eight, typically ten or more years of solid, diverse work experience in IT with a minimum of six years of experience infrastructure engineering, or the equivalent in education and work experience
Benefits include Medical and Dental Insurance, 401(k), Employee Service Center, Referral Bonuses, Loyalty and Longevity Bonuses, and Plum Benefits.
To be considered for this position you need to have the ability to work in a very fast paced environment, and be a quick learner. Excellent communication skills are essential in this role.
If you feel you are qualified for this position, please apply directly via talonpro.com.
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!