IT Project Manager (Hardware Refresh)
9 Griffin Road Hartford County, CT 06095
IT Project Manager for Hardware Refresh
- Status: Contract assignment
- Estimated Duration: 9 months+
The Project Management Senior Specialist will be joining the Hardware Refresh team within the Infrastructure & Engineering Delivery Team organization. The Hardware Refresh team ensures that IT hardware and software remain current across the organization to improve resiliency, increase performance, reduce unplanned downtime, and save money.
This role is responsible for managing and planning multiple complex projects consisting of one or more project teams. Responsible for coordinating, scheduling and assigning project tasks, team building and maintaining working relationships across the enterprise. Manages time-sensitive projects of various sizes and complexities from the systems perspective to deliver defined scope on time and within budget to meet business needs. Responsible for end-to-end delivery including the change management process and ensuring minimum business impact. Establishes, builds and maintains healthy working relationships and partnerships with clients, vendors, business counterparts and peers.
Possesses strong planning and organization ability, as well as good communication and negotiation skills. Exhibit core project management capabilities including project planning, scope management, issue/risk management, resource planning and financial management.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Provides leadership level presentations, work initiatives, team metrics and operational metrics
- Adjusts project scope and timing as needed by instituting and applying established best practices and project management methodologies. Develops communication plans and interfaces with matrix teams, IT leadership, business leadership, and external vendors/partners to execute on responsibilities
- Ensure alignment to standards, following their methodology and meeting documentation needs in support of all internal and external audits
- Creates a plan related to portions of a larger project or an entire small project
- Partners with application teams and vendors, when appropriate, to deliver projects
- Identifies constraints, issues and risks and provides mitigation/contingency plans.
- Provides information to make effective project decisions
- Actively contribute to the functional direction and development strategies of the Delivery Team.
- Supports IT management in the creation and monitoring of service standards and development efforts which impact the Information Technology and client/business area
- May coordinate and manage one or more project teams in their infrastructure tower, and may partner with other delivery teams across IT
- Ensure that projects requiring tower participation are scoped properly according to the infrastructure team structure and standard practices
- Ensure that resources required for project work are allocated correctly across projects.
- Support the team and resource managers for resource planning that spans project and baseline needs
- Ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget, adhere to high quality standards, and meet stakeholder expectations
- Helps determine project implications to schedule, scope, costs as fulfillment or scheduling issues arise
- Basic understanding of key technologies used in infrastructure towers (mainframe, Open Systems, Storage, Backup, Middleware)
- Keeps teams informed about project scheduling needs and upcoming key dates
Customer Focus – is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; acts with customers in mind; and establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect
Dealing with Ambiguity – can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can handle risk and uncertainty; and can decide and act without having the total picture
Interpersonal Savvy – relates well to all kinds of people— up, down and sideways, inside and outside the organization
Learning and Applying Quickly – learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; and quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything
Organizational Agility – knowledge about how the organization works; knows how to get things done both through formal channels and the informal network; and understand the culture of the organization
Managing and Measuring Work – Clearly assigns responsibility for tasks and decisions; sets clear objectives and measures; monitors process, progress, and results; designs feedback loops into work.
Perspective – can discuss multiple aspects and impacts of issues and project them into the future; can think globally; and looks toward the broadest possible view of an issue/challenge
Priority Setting – quickly zeroes in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; and create focus / eliminates roadblocks
Problem Solving – looks beyond the obvious and doesn' t stop at the first answers; is excellent at honest analysis; and uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions
- 5+ years of related work experience as a project team member, including 2 or more years in a project leadership position, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2+ years Infrastructure engineering, operations, or application development experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects from inception to successful implementation
- Proven track record of executive level presentation strategies and materials (Project, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Strong critical thinking, analytical, technical, communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Solid written and verbal communication skills; ability to present complex technical ideas to cross-functional audiences, business implications/priorities to technical teams, and can bring project challenges to management' s attention effectively
- Expertise in the use of Project Management methodologies and tools, including MS Project, MS Office
- Ability to foster effective working relationships with the project team, and partner IT and business departments
- Proven ability to develop solid working relationships and establish a high level of credibility across functions and lines of business and infrastructure domains (voice and data networks, contact and service center, data center infrastructure and operations, information security and protection)
- Intermediate knowledge of Agile work flow process
Education: Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related discipline and at least six, typically eight or more years related experience as a project team member of which at least two year have been in a leadership position, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
To be considered for this position you need to have the ability to work in a very fast paced environment, and be a quick learner. Excellent communication skills are essential in this role.
If you feel you are qualified for this position, please apply directly via talonpro.com.