IT Project Manager - Infrastructure/Desktop
1601 Chestnut Philadelphia, PA 19192
- Position: IT Project Manager - Infrastructure/Desktop
- Location: Philadelphia, PA
- Status: Contract assignment
- Estimated Duration: 3 months+
- Hourly Target Range: TBD
- Remote Option: No
A Health Insurance company located in Philadelphia, PA is ideally looking for an IT Project Manager to manage desktop and infrastructure related projects. Ideal candidates will have managed projects from inception through delivery and can articulate well with senior management.
Roles and Responsibilities Include:
- The purpose of this position is to actively drive the implementation of project deliverables defined in a project charter while ensuring the budget, scope, schedule, risk and quality meet specific success criteria
- Throughout the life cycle of the project, this role is expected to ensure that key stakeholders are informed and engaged and ensures PMO standards and tools are followed and utilized
- Ensuring that project deliverables are defined and communicated to the team
- Defining, estimating and scheduling project tasks and interdependencies to achieve the scope through a clearly defined project plan/work breakdown structure
- Identify project resource requirements and working closely with Project management office/project sponsor/stakeholders to ensure adequately skilled resources are available to deliver on project commitments
- Expertise in working with cross divisional, functional, and highly technical resources and must be capable to lead the conversation
- Holding resources accountable for delivering on the project plan, including providing coaching and mentoring of resources
- Adhering to the approved project methodology by project management office and developing and maintaining project artifacts and records
- Identifying and tracking key measures of success for the project
- Analyzing project performance and identifying optimal solution that minimize the negative impacts and trade offs
- Implementing corrective actions to ensure project success and facilitate project change request
- Constantly providing internal and external stakeholders communication and progress reports that effectively outline the project status, risk, issues and action plan
- Identifying, documenting and ensuring resolution of issues with potential to impact success of project
- Identifying, documenting and communicating project risks actions to mitigate risks
- Escalating project status with clear risk, issues, tradeoffs and future plans to PMO/Project sponsor and stakeholders
- Working efficiently with business partners, vendors, technology and project management staff to develop the project agenda and ensure agreement/adoption of project objectives/deliverables by all affected constituencies
- Efficient in clearly capturing and communicating lessons learned to all stakeholders
Skills: Required Skills & Experience
- Ability to balance approach to political, technological and administrative factors
- Must be equally strong in planning, executing and closing of projects
- Must have worked in PMO structure
- Competency in adapting and proving in high paced, challenging, changing and ambiguous situations
- Attention to details, ability to drive results and act independently with little direction
- Skilled to manage multiple high impact enterprise wide deployment projects and satisfy requirements from multiple customers/stakeholders
- The ability to quickly understand concepts and drill down into actionable steps- solid understanding of project management tools, techniques, request acceptance criteria, artifact development and reporting
- Solid understanding of business functional areas and management issues as well as IT organizations systems and capabilities
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Must have strong working knowledge of SDLC and methodologies like; Agile and Waterfall
- Must have strong working knowledge of MS office, Visio, Project and SharePoint.
- Must have high level of organization skills, which includes, identifying stakeholders, arranging/managing meetings and follow-ups
- Must have ability to navigate day-to-day activities and look into the bigger picture to identify risks and issues proactively
- Education- Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field.
- Experience -7 to 10 years’ of experience managing infrastructure upgrade and application development projects, including 5 or more years managing projects and requires prior management, supervisory, or team leader experience.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work through ambiguity with strong corporate navigation agility.
Education: Bachelor' s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field. Project Management certificate may be required. Typically has 7 to 10 years of IT work experience, including 4 or more years managing projects and requires prior management, supervisory, or team leader experience.
Benefits include Medical and Dental Insurance, 401(k), Employee Service Center, Referral Bonuses, Loyalty and Longevity Bonuses, and Plum Benefits.
To be considered for this position you need to have the ability to work in a very fast paced environment, and have excellent communication skills.
If you feel you are qualified for this position, please apply directly via talonpro.com.
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!