Project Manager Cyber-security and Compliance
100 Manhattanville Road Westchester County, NY 10577
- Job Title: Project Manager Cyber-security and Compliance
- Status: Direct Hire
- Remote: No
- Salary: $140, 000
Are you looking to grow your career with a great and reputable company? We are looking for critical thinkers who have a passion for technology and a focus within Cybersecurity.
This role is going to be working directly with looking at the security practices, cybersecurity and IT compliance activities. Some areas involved will be within legal, audit and regulatory requirements.
You will be working with various members of the organization to ensure that security is being run and followed appropriately - with this, there will be interaction with various groups within IT - Development, Infrastructure, Human Resources, Auditing teams, Legal, etc.
The qualified professional in this role will be responsible for identifying and looking at risks and turning them into actionable specifications and requirements to be followed. You will be responsible for developing metrics for ongoing performance measurement and reporting.
- Implement and manage Cybersecurity initiatives and ongoing cybersecurity procedures.
- Manage projects for cyber initiatives
- Implement/evaluate cybersecurity controls related to third party risk management.
- Research and recommend appropriate security initiatives
- Produce reporting on initiatives and effectiveness of security controls.
- Incident Response (IR) planning, procedures, playbooks and tabletop exercises.
- Business Continuity Planning.
- Tracking/reporting of security incidents.
- Manage GRC (Governance, Risk Compliance) from an IT perspective.
- Develop and maintain IT security policies, including specific cybersecurity policies/procedures.
- Evaluate risks, report/communicate such risk.
- Plan remediation efforts and report/communicate progress.
- Manage the Security Awareness Program
- Coordinate and track training activities
- Report on progress/results of training and exercises
- Remain current on cybersecurity landscape, e.g., threats, new solutions/tools, best practices.
- Manage IT risk assessments, coordinate IT activities to implement and manage an effective security environment and provide regular status and service-level reports to management.
- Prepare cybersecurity presentations for senior management.
- Perform/coordinate various periodic internal security audits/reviews
- Coordinate completion of SOX-404 IT compliance requirements.
- Liaison with internal and external auditors
- Coordinate and assist with SOX-404 controls testing effort.
- Manage 3rd party vendors related to security initiatives and ensure vendor obligations are met.
- Bachelor’ s Degree required, preferably in the field of computer science.
- 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Solid skills using Microsoft Office Suite products.
- CISM, CISA or CISSP certifications preferred.
- Familiarity with NIST.
If you are a highly motivated and self-directed individual, looking to make an impact and essentially be the start of a new role that does not exist currently with the company - this is a great opportunity to be part of the action!
You will have the ability to consistently enhance knowledge of security regulations, threats, solutions, certifications. This is a dynamic environment and we are looking for someone with strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills. We look for team-oriented and collaborative individuals.
Excellent company culture and benefits available with this position. Please contact Talon today if you or someone you know would be a fit. Referral bonus available.
Fun Facts: Video game enthusiast, loves to travel and experience new cultures, and big animal lover
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!