ITSM Production Support Analyst
900 Cottage Grove Road Hartford County, CT 06095
ITSM Production Support Analyst
- Status: Contract assignment
- Estimated Duration: 1 year+
- Hourly Target Range: TBD
A top client is presently looking for an ITSM Production Support Analyst for their team. This is for an opening which provides Frontline Production Support for the Data and Analytics. This division is responsibility for the overall health of several large data warehousing repositories which stores data for all lines of Business. This positon will participate in break fix solutions, light enhancement, batch and real time data flow process improvements. Must be highly motivated, possess strong analytical, and trouble shooting skills to work in this dynamic environment. This is a growing part of the organization using state of the art technologies to drive data driven insights for better business outcomes
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- To be involved in profiling and ingesting data from all parts of the organization in order to hydrate the growing Data Lake using Big Data technologies.
- Root Cause Triage and work with matrix partners to guide then in implementing solutions with an eye on best practices.
- HPSM Incident, Service Request and Problem management.
- Monitor the health of the batch, real time and cloud components of the Data Lake environment and take the necessary actions when issue arise.
- Participate in all release, and sprint activities.
- Work with application programmers, architects, and business analysts to understand the business, technical and infrastructure needs.
- Eliminate manual production support activities through improved processes and technologies with an eye toward automation (Continuous Innovation Continuous Delivery-CICD)
- Partner with the IT Business community to identify system processing metric gaps and trends.
- Bachelor Degree or related IT discipline
- 1 – 2 years’ experience from a production support or delivery perspective.
- CA-ESP Scheduler, SQL/SQL tuning, Microsoft Suite, HPSM, Unix/Linux experience strongly desired.
- Beginner to intermediate experience with some of the following data warehousing technologies is a plus: INFORMATICA, DataStage, Teradata, SQL Server, and Oracle.
- Hadoop technologies a must. Cloudera a plus.
- Exposure to Python, Bash Scripting, Sqoop, MapReduce, Oozie, Impala, Hive, Spark, Kafka, Git, Jenkins, uDeploy, OpenShift, Docker Containers, AWS, and CPC.
- Experience in at least 1 of these BI tool: Looker, and Tableau a plus. SQL a must.
- Ability to addressing critical issues as well as keeping focus on strategic tasks.
- Demonstrate the aptitude and interest in learning cutting edge technologies.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication.
- Familiarity with
- Incident/Problem management ticketing system.
- Agile development (Scrum methodology).
- Microsoft products.
- Data profiling.
- Experience in Healthcare insurance highly valued
Benefits include Medical and Dental Insurance, 401(k), Employee Service Center, Referral Bonuses, Loyalty and Longevity Bonuses, and Plum Benefits.
To be considered for this position you need to have the ability to work in a very fast paced environment, and be a quick learner. Excellent communication skills are essential in this role.
If you feel you are qualified for this position, please apply directly via talonpro.com.