Infrastructure Technical Support Specialist
9 Griffin Road Hartford County, CT 06095
Infrastructure Technical Support Specialist
- Status: Contract assignment
- Estimated Duration: 10 months+
A top client is presently seeking a Technical Support Specialist who has experience with IT Infrastructure, VMware, Automated Scripting as well as strong documentation experience. The selected candidate will have about 4-6 years experience.
- This role has responsibilities for our existing Cisco UCS, HPE, and Lenovo compute infrastructure; VMware, Hyper-V, and Nutanix hypervisor layer; our preferred Operations Systems including Windows and Linux, as well our Zerto disaster recovery platform.
- This role requires a significant breadth and depth of knowledge across all converged and hyper-converged infrastructure technology layers including multiple compute layers, storage layer, and network layer. This role also requires a familiarity of enterprise processes that support the converged infrastructure environment. This role is responsible for continuing to drive automated solutions for the management and maintenance for this rapidly growing infrastructure environment.
- The individuals within this role will be responsible for the operations of secure and highly available computing platforms, servers, and networks. This includes monitoring the operating environments; providing guidance on incidents, problems and planning for improvement.
- Other responsibilities include troubleshooting problems as reported by the business, support team and maintaining a secure systems environment. They will also provide infrastructure solutions based on needs and anticipated growth, automation.
- Additionally, this role will have a strong focus on automation and development. To support the continued growth of our environment, individuals in this role are expected to identify opportunities for automation, develop scripts, playbooks, and/or micro services, and integrate their code with existing workflows and frameworks to deliver end-to-end infrastructure management.
- Acts as the technical liaison between operations teams, engineers and architects, providing critical operational insight to upcoming implementations and strategies, including validation of ongoing solutions supportability.
- Communicates events to stakeholders, IT teams, and leadership.
- Leads or provides technical direction
- Drive automation and process standardization into large, complex initiatives – including UCS firmware upgrades and VMware Host Automated Modernization
- Works with project teams to understand business needs.
- Reviews and certifies support documents.
- Recommends changes/enhancements for improved systems availability, reliability, and performance.
- Defines improvements for increased system reliability and performance
- Develops enhanced production monitoring and additional capability.
- Maintains, monitors, and supports the infrastructure environment and/or facilities.
- Leads enterprise base work initiatives and projects.
- Develops new alerts and monitoring techniques based on engineering requirements.
- Integrates solutions with other applications and platforms based on engineering requirements.
- Converged Technical Support lead for existing and emerging converged infrastructure platform including our emerging Cotton platform and Infrastructure monitoring tools like Log Insight Manager, Splunk and vRealize Operations Manager
- Develop processes and procedures as well as lead the execution of complex upgrade activities.
- Drive process improvements and efficiencies for the ongoing support for this environment.
- Partnering with Infrastructure Engineering and Capacity Teams to provide insight and remediation plans for capacity issues and Infrastructure improvement opportunities
- Mentoring existing team members, as well training and knowledge-transfer for x86 technologies. This training and knowledge transfer provides team members to become a Technical lead for the x86 Platform Support team
- Mentoring existing coworkers, including TECDP associates, as well training and knowledge-transfer for UCS, VSphere, and Infrastructure Monitoring and Log analytic technologies.
- Mentoring and training a junior associate on Global x86 technologies. This effort leads to the TECDP becoming a key contributor to the Operations support team.
- Understands REST methodology and interfacing with vendor APIs, particularly VMware, Cisco, HP, Zerto and Lenovo.
- Proficiency in at least one programming language. Would be expected to become familiar with some common scripting languages: Powershell, Python, Ansible.
- Cisco UCS, HPE, Lenovo compute infrastructure, VMware/Hyper-V/Nutanix, Windows and Linux. Zerto disaster recovery is also included.
- Strong diagnostic skills aligned to all technologies listed above
- Ability to apply principals across technologies
- Experience with Vendor Management
- A self-starter who is proactive in all aspects of the role
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Proficient organizational skills with the ability to work collaboratively with business partners
- Must be able to span technical organizations and understand dependencies of each
- Excellent communication, coaching and mentoring skills (knowledge sharing, peer guidance & support
Benefits include Medical and Dental Insurance, 401(k), Employee Service Center, Referral Bonuses, Loyalty and Longevity Bonuses, and Plum Benefits.
To be considered for this position you need to have the ability to work in a very fast paced environment, and be a quick learner. Excellent communication skills are essential in this role.
If you feel you are qualified for this position, please apply directly via talonpro.com.
Fun Facts: Avid New York Sports fan: Rangers, Yankees, and Giants, Big movie and TV fan: especially Gangster films (Goodfellas is my favorite movie of all time), Avid skier
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!