545 Washington Boulevard Jersey City, NJ 07310 | Contract to Direct Hire
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Status: Contract - Hire
Salary: Based upon level of experience
Are you eager, driven and looking to grow your career? Are you looking for the latest technologies and a top notch culture? Are you big on innovation and do you enjoy working in a team environment? If so, or if you know someone who is, Talon has the opportunity for you!
- Work is typically performed under minimal daily supervision, receiving guidance from manager/supervisor about the work that needs to be completed. Able to exercise high level of discretion and latitude in completing tasks.
- Responds to Service Desk referrals of end-user requests for help solving PC hardware, software, peripheral or production equipment related problems or issues.
- Prioritizes problems based on severity, urgency and impact to the business; tracks all outstanding incidents until successful resolution. May hand off extremely complex technical problems to higher-level support or other IT department staff if required.
- Troubleshoots any technical difficulty with PC hardware and software issues, Internet, network applications, configurations and peripheral equipment.
- Works with enterprise support groups and outside vendors to resolve problems or issues.
- Coordinates through the change management process to move, install, upgrade, remove and configure site IT assets and supporting infrastructure.
- Supports and conducts routine audits of site IT assets and processes to ensure compliance with established company policies and procedures, as well as compliance with Governmental regulations and policies.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor degree in discipline related to functional work or role with 3-5 years of relevant work experience OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
- Able to demonstrates ability to solve somewhat more complex problems by analyzing variables and applying appropriate solutions learned through experience and proficiency in understanding the job.
- Must be able to recognize anomalies and critical situations and respond appropriately.
- Must be able to communicate and interact with a variety of internal/external customers and/or co-workers at level of detail required to resolve issues of moderate complexity.
- Able to apply strong functional computer knowledge in utilizing Microsoft Windows, MAC, or other technical tools in completing assignments. May require knowledge of or ability to quickly learn specialized software to complete work assignments. Able to demonstrate continued expertise in the primary tools or applications used in completing daily work assignments.
- Requires very good communication skills with ability to state messages in a clear manner by using language that is easy for others to understand.
- Must be able to proactively listen to others to understand issues and situations. Must be able to clearly articulate business needs to both internal and external customers.
- Have experience in a distribution center IT support with hand held computers is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of Windows Desktop, Microsoft Office, and general PC hardware and Software
- Strong knowledge of Windows Server, Terminal Server, Hyper-V, Active Directory, Exchange
- Knowledge of Macintosh environments beneficial, but not required
- Knowledge of Network Devices: LAN/WAN/WIFI
- We are looking to add someone to our team that is:
- Self-starter, highly motivated
- Works well alone and in a team
- Has excellent follow up and follow through skills
- Responsible, Punctual * Ability to handle multiple tasks/issues at once
- Has a high level of communication
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
Excellent compensation package. Our competitive benefits package includes full health care options, a 401(k) plan, and generous Paid-Time-Off (once full time).
Please contact Talon today if you or someone you know is a fit for this role!