301 Sullivan Way Mercer County, NJ 08628
- Location: Central New Jersey
- Duration: Full Time
- Salary: $110, 000
Our Client, a leader in their industry, is seeking a hands on technical Java Developer to directly join their team. This is a technical role which requires object-oriented programming skills, understanding of object-oriented analysis and design, J2EE or other comparable enterprise application architectures, SQL query development, Web services, and XML experience.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science or related field required.
- Java or comparable object-oriented technology certification preferred.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 7+ years of object-oriented development experience.
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented design patterns, software architecture concepts, and web application security.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with object-oriented programming languages (such as Java or C#) and object-oriented architectures. (such as J2EE or .NET)
- Strong knowledge and experience with SOA, including messaging and web services.
- Knowledge and experience with HTTP and FTP.
- Strong understanding of relational database technologies and experience writing SQL queries.
- Strong UML knowledge.
- Strong XML knowledge.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience working as part of a high pace Agile development team.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Work closely with the solution analysts to understand business requirements and provide innovative solutions using Guidewire technology.
- Develop, test, debug and document integration interfaces in accordance with architectural guidelines and practices.
- Understand and work from business requirements documentation (Use Cases, UML as well as traditional software specifications).
- Apply industry standard object-oriented programming best practices and design patterns.
- Plan, initiate and conduct unit and integration testing of applications as well as facilitate system testing.
- Support and troubleshoot production implementations.
- Work to resolve complex technical issues and understand system performance associated with the solution.
- As a part of an agile project team, share technical and product knowledge with other team members.
- Participate in technology/tools evaluation and software technical proof of concepts.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to less senior developers.
- Provide technical leadership on projects as necessary.
- Provide accurate and reliable estimates.
- Consistently deliver work on time and of high quality.
Benefits include flexible vacation & sick time, health insurance and 401K
To be considered for this position you need to be hands on and highly technical Java developer. Must pass drug and background checks
Fun Facts: Avid New York Sports fan: Rangers, Yankees, and Giants, Big movie and TV fan: especially Gangster films (Goodfellas is my favorite movie of all time), Avid skier
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!