Jr System Administrator
Harrisburg, PA 18651 | Contract
- Position: Jr Systems Administrator
- Location: Harrisburg, PA
- Status: Contract
- Estimated Duration: 6 months
- Hourly Target Range: $20-$27
- Remote Option: No remote option
A Government Entity is presently looking for a Systems Administrator to add to their growing team.
This is an opportunity to advance one’ s career with an aggressively growing organization for a confident, passionate candidate with about 1+ years of work experience.
This position will be primarily focused on Windows Server administration, along with supporting various other technologies. Will also be responsible for evaluating, preparing and recommending technical solutions, as well as troubleshooting complex problems with a wide variety of applications.
1. System management of client enterprise servers
A. Deploy servers and applications to meet needs of project teams
B. Determines server sizing and configuration
C. Assists in the development of configuration standards.
D. Monitors the availability of updates/upgrades, tests and installs updates/upgrades.
2. Works directly with client staff in coordination and deployment of projects.
A. Work with client partners and employees in deployment activities.
B. Works closely with Application Teams to deploy code/applications through multiple environments.
C. Attend meetings with client developers, users, and partners.
3. Perform proactive monitoring of enterprise systems
A. Monitors system performance and provides statistics to identify capacity or performance problems and makes technical recommendations for appropriate action.
B. Respond to alerts and resolve issues identified through monitoring tools
4. Provides direct support for system issues.
A. Proactively identifies and resolves problems.
B. Responds to system related trouble calls including hardware and software.
C. Use software such as Remedy to report, track and resolve issues.
D. Places service calls for servers and network equipment.
E. Assists service providers in resolving service calls.
5. Perform related duties as required.
1. Minimum of a Bachelor’ s degree in computer science or related field or equivalent as well as a minimum of 1 years of experience or Associates degree in computer science or related field and 2 years of experience.
2. Specific knowledge required in the following areas: Windows Server 2008 & 2012 R2, Microsoft IIS 7.5 and 8.0, IBM Lotus Domino Server, IBM WebSphere Application Server, IBM HTTP Server/Apache, TLSv1.2, Schannel security
3. Working knowledge of networking concepts and technologies – including TCP/IP, DNS and load balancing
4. Working knowledge of security concepts and technologies – including PKI, certificate management, TLS/SSL and firewalls
5. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows
6. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
7. Demonstrated ability to establish and meet work schedules within limited time frames and under tight deadlines and a willingness to work off hours as needed to accommodate maintenance windows
8. Effective verbal communication skills are required to work with all levels of the organization including management, vendors, and various client personnel. Effective writing skills are required in order to document work performed.
9. Superior interpersonal and customer service skills required including ability to work effectively in a team environment. High level of proficiency in effective problem solving required. Working Conditions Weekend, shift work, holiday, on-call, and overtime may be required. Work may require lifting equipment/supplies Work may require travel to and from the various client locations.
Benefits include Medical and Dental Insurance, 401(k), Employee Service Center, Referral Bonuses, Loyalty and Longetivy Bonuses, and Plum Benefits. This client enjoys reveling in their accelerated growth by organizing company dinners and happy hours in addition to a recently created founders club trip!
To be considered for this position you need to be creative, loyal and coachable.
If you feel you are qualified for this position please email email@example.com or apply at talonpro.com.
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!