Lead DevOps Engineer
131 Dartmouth St # 4 Suffolk county, MA 02116
- Job Title: Lead DevOps Engineer
- Status: Direct Hire
- Remote: No
Relo assistance and sponsorship available
We are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer in a lead capacity to assist with the migration of Microsoft based solutions to Amazon Web Services (AWS). We are looking for someone with a broad full-stack software engineering & operations background with demonstrated experience in establishing software release automation, continuous integration, continuous delivery, resiliency, and monitoring solutions for building and migrating complex solutions to AWS. In this role, you will be required to assess existing technologies, design future state, and execute the transition to the DevOps operating model.
The qualified candidate should have solid experience in cloud computing environments, hands on technical skills, have a passion for new technologies, and be a solid communicator.
- Design and build DevOps processes and procedures in conjunction with a migration of large-scale SQL Server and Microsoft .NET centric applications to AWS; preferably cloud native
- Assist developers with failures and manage software configurations - Design build plans
- Ensure end-to-end automated testing and continuous deployments succeed
- Assist developers with server troubleshooting and application errors related to configuration issues
- Debug production outages and take actions resulting from root cause analysis
- Monitor production environment and work to keep systems stable and running
- Lead production migrations (off-hours) and provide off-hour support when needed to troubleshoot problems with mission-critical applications
- 5+ years of DevOps experience
- 7 + years with Linux administration, Windows administration, and IIS management
- No less than 5 years of experience with AWS
- Extensive hands-on Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery technology experience
- AWS Certified Architect, Developer, or DevOps Engineer; Associate considered, Professional preferred
- Experience working with automation tools such as CloudFormation, Terraform, Chef, Ansible, or Puppet
- Proficient in: Bash, Chef, Powershell, Python, XML, Web concepts such as REST APIs and SPA
- Prior work with Kubernetes (EKS), Docker, Helm, RDS, Postgres, MySQL, Redis, ElasticSearch, microservices, message queues and related technologies
- Demonstrated fundamental understanding of modern platform technologies and industry standard methodologies
- Deep knowledge of multiple monitoring tools and how to mine them for advanced operational intelligence
This role will require the mentorship of others along with collaboration across teams. Qualified candidates should be creative in nature and enjoy solving problems. We are looking for someone who strives for continuous improvement. This person should have excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
If you or someone you know is a fit for this opportunity, we’ d like to speak to you today! This is a top client of ours and we have a lot of experiencing placing folks within this organization. The company culture is unparalleled, and the longevity and tenure speak for itself. This position does offer a great bonus structure opportunity and full benefits. Please contact Talon today!
Meet Your Recruiter
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!