Level 2 Desktop Support Specialist
1601 Chestnut Philadelphia County, PA 19192
Level II Desktop Support Specialist
- Estimated Duration: 1 year
- Hourly Target Range: TBD
A Health Insurance company is presently looking for a Help Desk / Desktop Support Specialist. The selected candidate will work onsite and put customer service as their highest priority.
- Provides guidance, assistance, coordination and follow up on client questions, problems or malfunctions of all systems applications, hardware and software installed or maintained by IT.
- Interprets, evaluates and resolves if possible, telephone inquiries pertaining to the functional operation of all installed application hardware and software products supported by IT.
- Analyzes simple to moderately complex inquiries and determines appropriate technical area or vendor to resolve problems.
- Consults with the supervisor and IT professionals when the appropriate course of action is unclear.
- Alerts the client community and team members when a major problem is suspected.
- Follows up on specific inquires or requests to ensure client satisfaction.
- Reports problems with procedures and makes suggestions for improvements.
- Receives general supervision and is competent to work on own for most help desk activities.
- Requires sufficient knowledge of IT operations, responsibilities, work flow processes and procedures to resolve most inquiries independently.
- Good analytical and communication skills, sound judgment, and the ability to work effectively with client and other IT staff.
Education: Associate degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, and at least two, typically four years experience in IT or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Benefits include Medical and Dental Insurance, 401(k), Employee Service Center, Referral Bonuses, Loyalty and Longevity Bonuses, and Plum Benefits.
To be considered for this position you need to have the ability to work in a very fast paced environment, and be a quick learner. Excellent communication skills are essential in this role.
If you feel you are qualified for this position, please apply directly via talonpro.com.
Fun Facts: Loves to cook, Beach bum, Future Dog owner.
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!