Linux MAC Engineer
1601 Chestnut Philadelphia, PA 19104 | Contract
- Position: Linux / MAC Engineer
- Location: Philadelphia, PA
- Status: Contract assignment
- Estimated Duration: 6 months+
- Hourly Target Range: TBD
- Remote Option: Possibly
A Health Insurance company located in Philadelphia, PA is presently looking for a Linux / MAC Engineer The selected candidate can work onsite in Philadelphia, but there is an option to work in a remote capacity.
The chosen candidate will be required to take on engineering activities to support Mac and Linux based solutions. We are currently looking at Stratodesk for a potential thin client operating system, which is Linux based. Candidate needs to be well rounded on both Mac and Linux, and able to work proficiently with either platform.
- Provide engineering leadership and oversight on design, engineering and development of information technology solutions.
- Responsible for the most complex, multi-site, multi domain activities and integration.
- Manages the troubleshooting and resolution of infrastructure compatibility issues based on system architecture, project requirements, and customer expectations.
- Partners with IT leadership on engineering related issues and strategies. May manage infrastructure engineers on a project basis
- Primarily responsibility will be engineering Mac and Linux based endpoint solutions, but will also be required to perform some Windows endpoint engineering.
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Works well within a group
- Ability to learn and adopt new technologies quickly
- Linux operating system engineering and management
- Mac OSX engineering and management
- Windows engineering and management
- Basic Networking concepts, as they pertain to impact on endpoints
- Basic database concepts and queries to pull data
- Familiarity with scripting languages used to manage various endpoints
MCSE, Bachelor degree in Computer Science, or 6+ years of experience as a workstation engineer.
Benefits include Medical and Dental Insurance, 401(k), Employee Service Center, Referral Bonuses, Loyalty and Longevity Bonuses, and Plum Benefits.
To be considered for this position you need to have the ability to work in a very fast paced environment, and be a quick learner. Excellent communication skills are essential in this role.
If you feel you are qualified for this position, please apply directly via talonpro.com.
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!