Linux Systems Administrator
New York, NY 10013 | Direct Hire
Position: Linux Systems Administrator
Location: New York, NY
Salary: 130, 000 plus bonus
Remote Option: Not available
A financial services company is presently looking for a Linux Systems Administrator to add to their growing team.
You will be responsible for providing first and second-level support for UNIX/Linux technology, Monitoring Linux-based servers for hardware and software failures, then resolving those failures, Assisting with day-to-day maintenance of servers, including performing backup restores, software installations, and upgrades, Working with numerous Open Source applications, including Nagios, CFEngine, git, and Bash to build enterprise-level systems, Assisting in researching, recommending, implementing, and maintaining new technologies, application software (including applications and operating systems), and hardware and lastly Promoting and assisting with migrations to new technologies to promote scalability and automation
- At least 3 years of experience in a Linux/UNIX environment, including experience maintaining and running RedHat Linux servers
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of UNIX, including BASH, DNS (bind), NFS, rsync, iptables, etc.
- Experience using the following commands: vmstat, top, uname, ps, emacs/vi, cvs/svn/git, make, rpm, ping, and traceroute
- Familiarity with Python
- A strong background with container technologies, such as Docker and Kubernetes (a plus)
- Able to accommodate a Tuesday to Friday shift (11: 00 am – 8: 00 pm EST) and Sunday shift (2: 00 pm – 8: 00 pm EST)
Benefits include Competitive salary, 401(k) with company matching, Five weeks of paid vacation per year plus nine paid holidays, Free breakfast, lunch, and snacks on a daily basis, Reimbursement for health and wellness expenses and Free tickets to New York events, including the US Open and TriBeCa Film Festival
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!