Manager- PM & Quality Assurance
Two North Ninth Street Lehigh County, PA 18101
Manager Project Management and Quality Assurance
- Status: Direct Hire
- Salary: Dependent upon experience
Are you looking to continue your career in leadership? If so, this is a great time to be part of change and company growth and we' d love to discuss this opportunity with you!
The Manager- Project Management and Quality Assurance, under supervision of the Director, has responsibility for the Project Management and Quality Assurance group within the Planning organization. They will manage Project Managers / SCRUM Masters, Quality Assurance Specialists, and IT Change Coordinators who empower smooth and agile transitions of high-quality IT services.
- Direct employees who facilitate and coordinate transitions and quality assurance for new IT services
- Manage project delivery speed by empowering teams to implement Agile practices
- Manage efforts to meet technical and functional application performance requirements
- Oversee efforts to facilitate the transition new services from development to production environments through management of application quality
- Align vision, direction, and specific objectives for team efforts to our digital, technology-focused, and Agile goals
- Manage, coach, and mentor team members. Set performance targets and evaluate/enforce service delivery against targets
- Interview and hire qualified team members, striving to improve organization' s bench strength and augmenting product or project teams with contract staff when required
General Management & Decision Making:
- Provide day-to-day leadership and operational management for project monitoring and reporting, incident investigation and corrective response, and quality assurance
- Develop and execute objectives, plans and policies for area of responsibility in line with Enterprise and IT Organization level strategy
- Coordinate resourcing and impact of multiple projects simultaneously within area of responsibility.
- Assure that project estimates for resources and costs are reliable
- Contribute to the development of budgets for area of responsibility and assists in the preparation of operational plans for the IT department
- Oversee area of responsibility to adhere to approved budgets
- Conduct internal communications that involve obtaining cooperation on issues that may be complex or controversial. Utilize negotiation and persuasion to come to agreement with others
In-person supervision of employees to ensure compliance with FLSA wage and hour issues as well as to monitor compliance with safety rules.
Physical presence in the office/on-site to engage in face-to-face interaction and coordination of work among direct reports and co-workers.
May be assigned an Electric Utilities emergency and storm role. This is a special assignment that comes into play during storms and other emergencies when the company needs to restore power or respond to other issues affecting customer service. This role may necessitate the need to work after-hours, outside of your normal schedule.
- Bachelor' s degree and 5 years of related work experience
- 3 years leadership experience
- Experience managing teams in a support of complex information technology projects
- Excitement, curiosity, and passion for shaping the future through digital technology
- Excellent interpersonal relations skills
- MBA or Master' s Degree
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Experience in the use of project management methodology
- Knowledge of ITIL Service Management Essentials
- Extensive utilities or energy experience
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapid technological and business change while maintaining enthusiasm and displaying sound judgment
- Certified PMP
If you or someone you know is qualified for this position, please contact your Talon IT Recruiter today! Referral bonus offered and paid out along with excellent company benefits.
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!