Mid Level Linux Engineer
9 Griffin Road Windsor, CT 06095 | Contract
- Position: Mid Level Linux Engineer
- Location: Windsor CT
- Status: Contract assignment
- Estimated Duration: 8 months+
- Hourly Target Range: TBD
A Health Insurance company located in Windsor, CT is presently looking for a Mid Level Linux Engineer who is self- motivated to add to their growing team. The selected candidate will work onsite in CT.
There will be some off hour coverage required in this role.
Description Of Work:
- Demonstrate engineering excellence in the design, systems management, automation, patching, deployment, troubleshooting, and performance tuning for Linux based operating systems.
- Recommend and implement process improvements and automation to maximize system availability and consistency.
- Automate patching and deployments using the latest technologies.
- Effectively mesh various infrastructure components, such as servers, storage, networks, etc. to a service or application.
- Set strategic direction and manage implementation.
- Provide accurate project estimates, while meeting project deadlines.
- Provide timely, creative and alternative solutions to meet business needs.
- Provide off-hours on-call support on a rotational basis.
- Provide significant weeknight and weekend support
- Ideal candidate will be self-motivated with strong leadership skills.
Candidate should have the following:
- Proficient Linux administration skills in support of Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Thorough working knowledge of VMWare.
- Automation skills using latest technologies.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to lead simultaneous projects and prioritize effectively.
- Good understanding of networking and security concepts (switches, routers, firewall, etc).
- Experience supporting Oracle RAC, JBoss, and the IBM WebSphere suite of products is a definite plus.
- Working knowledge of Cisco UCS Blade configuration including RAID technology.
- Working knowledge of RHEL installations via Kickstart Network configuration.
- SELF MOTIVATED
- PERFORMANCE TUNING
- PROCESS IMPROVEMENTS
- SYSTEMS MANAGEMENT
- LEADERSHIP SKILLS
- RED HAT
- STRATEGIC DIRECTION
Bachelors degree in a computer related field, or equivalent, with 6+ years of relevant IT work experience.
Benefits include Medical and Dental Insurance, 401(k), Employee Service Center, Referral Bonuses, Loyalty and Longevity Bonuses, and Plum Benefits.
To be considered for this position you need to have the ability to work in a very fast paced environment, and be a quick learner. Excellent communication skills are essential in this role.
If you feel you are qualified for this position, please apply directly via talonpro.com.
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!