Middleware Support Engineer
900 Cottage Grove Road Hartford County, CT, CT 06095
- Position: Middleware Support Engineer
- Status: Contract assignment
- Estimated Duration: 14 months+
- Hartford County, CT
Our client is looking for a Middleware Support Engineer who can assist in providing counsel and advice to top management on significant Infrastructure matters, often requiring coordination between organizations. You will serve as the lead technical consultant responsible for design, engineering and development of information technology solutions. Leads the design, analysis, development and implementation of engineering infrastructure solutions of projects and/or work requests for complex business solutions. Troubleshoots and proceeds on resolving complex infrastructure compatibility issues based on system architecture, project requirements, customer expectations, etc. May be involved in the creation of design specifications and the development and application of utility programs and may resolve escalated infrastructure compatibility problems as they arise. Responsibilities may include risks assessments, partnering on capacity planning, budget forecasting, and the diagnosis and correction of application/network problems. May serve as the primary contact for vendors. Technologies span mainframe, midrange, desktop, server, network data, voice, messaging, web, database, and output/receiving. Focuses on providing thought leadership and technical expertise across multiple disciplines. Recognized internally as “ the go-to person” for the most complex Infrastructure Engineering assignments.
Skills Required for this role include:
- Design, planning and implementation/engineering of integration solutions using IBM MFT Suite (Sterling File Gateway, Sterling Integrator, Sterling Secure Proxy, IBM Control Center)
- Very good understanding on ER model/tables of SFG/SI and IBM Control Center
- Proficient in writing the business processes using BPML or GPM Proficient in canned business processes supplied with SFG/SI
- Proficient in using various services supplied with Sterling engine Proficient in various B2B communication protocols such as FTP, FTPS, SFTP, HTTP, HTTP/S, AS2, etc.
- Proficient in troubleshooting various production issues and identifying the root cause
- Installing/patching the IBM MFT Product Suite (Sterling File gateway, Sterling Integrator, Sterling Secure Proxy, IBM Control Center)
- Proficient in working with PGP/GPG encryption/decryption methods Proficient in writing SQL, stored procedures on oracle databases
- Proficient in Unix/Linux platforms and writing shell scripts Experience with XML, XSLT and JSON Knowledge of Rest API services offered by IBM MFT suite for the product maintenance
- Knowledge of Web services using methods such as soap and restful Knowledge of reporting services, experience using canned reports and ability to build custom reports on IBM Control Center and SFG/SI Knowledge in IBM Sterling Integrator Custom User Exits.
Benefits include Medical and Dental Insurance, 401(k), Employee Service Center, Referral Bonuses, Loyalty and Longevity Bonuses, and Plum Benefits.
To be considered for this position you need to have the ability to work in a very fast paced environment, and be a quick learner. Excellent communication skills are essential in this role.
If you feel you are qualified for this position, please apply directly via talonpro.com.
Fun Facts: Video game enthusiast, loves to travel and experience new cultures, and big animal lover
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!