900 Cottage Grove Road Hartford County, CT 06095
- Position: Mongo DB DBA
- Estimated Duration: Contract assignment for 12+ months
- Onsite in Hartford County, CT
Our client is looking for a MongoDB DBA who will join the NoSQL database engineering team, and will be responsible for infrastructure engineering and administrating Mongo DB databases. The candidate provides counsel and advice to top management on significant Database Administration & Management matters, often requiring coordination between organizations. Develops the most complex database systems for the organization. Coordinates with senior leaders to determine requirements. Analyzes, designs, creates and implements complex databases including access methods, device allocations, validation checks, organization and security. Interprets internal or external issues and recommends solutions/best practices. Designs complex data models, logical and physical databases, data dictionaries and schemas. Liaisons with database software vendors and external technical support on issues such as software upgrades, problems and potential solutions. Reviews systems under development and related documentation. May participate in vendor selection and relationship management. Leads project teams, monitoring project schedules and costs. Focuses on providing thought leadership and technical expertise across multiple disciplines. Recognized internally as the go-to person; for the most complex Database Administration assignments.
Some of the key responsibilities include but not limited to Infrastructure engineering, design and deploy of Mongo DB database/projects. In addition, you will:
- Design and implement sharding and indexing strategies for MongoDB.
- Advise MongoDB HA strategies, including replica sets and sharding
- Maintain MongoDB databases/DB projects
- Advise with MongoDB scalingDesign, implement and manage the security of MongoDB databases.
- Responsible for Mongo backups and restores
- Implement and maintain MongoDB OPS Manager
- Solve difficult technical challenges
- Administer MongoDB to achieve 100% availability
- Collaborate with others team to solve technical issues
- Research, test, evaluate and recommend NoSQL solutions (existing & emerging) with match for best use cases.
- Maintain detailed documentation of database Design/Architecture and setup.
- Provide training to members of the Database team on MongoDB.
Additional skills required:
- Skills: Bachelor or Master Degree in computer science or any related fields
- 5 years of experience in MongoDB Database administration
- 5 years of experiences in Linux environment in a database administrator role
- 5 years of experience in shell scripting
- 3 years of experience in python coding
- 3 years of experience in bash/korn shell scripting.
- 3 years of experience in Agile Scrum/KanbanHands on experience with solving MongoDB performance issues
- Hands on experience with database monitoring for proactive and re-active is a plus
- Hands on experience with building and maintaining MongoDB replica sets
- Hands on experience with building and maintaining MongoDB sharded environment
- Proactively work on identifying and fixing database related issues.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to handle ambiguous situations.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team-oriented environment
- Ability to support on-call rotation 24x7
- Team player with good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in automating database administration tasks.
- Experience in networking concepts, authentication mechanisms like LDAP/Kerbroes
Nice to have:
- Mongo certified DBA
- Experience administering Graph databases like Neo4JAutomate deployment by using Ansible, Puppet etc.
- Experience in container application like Docker, Kubernetes, Openstack etc.
- Experience working with cloud platforms like AWS and Azure.
- Education: Bachelor or Master Degree in computer science or any related fields
Benefits include Medical and Dental Insurance, 401(k), Employee Service Center, Referral Bonuses, Loyalty and Longevity Bonuses, and Plum Benefits.
To be considered for this position you need to have the ability to work in a very fast paced environment, be a quick learner. Excellent communication skills are essential in this role.
If you feel you are qualified for this position, please apply directly via talonpro.com.