545 Washington Boulevard Jersey City, NJ 07310 | Direct Hire
Job Title: Monitoring Engineer
Location: Jersey City, NJ (Some remote)
Status: Direct Hire
Salary: Based upon Expereince
Are you looking for a career that not only inspires and rewards but also challenges you, this could be the perfect fit!
The Monitoring Engineer is responsible for delivering and supporting large-scale network, system, application, service, and business activity monitoring solutions. In this role, you will deploy and support the tools the company utilizes to monitor the network, systems and applications.
- Implementation and support of the current enterprise monitoring and tools solutions based on enabling robust event monitoring across all strategic platforms and services, as well as Service Level Agreement and Business Impact monitoring.
- Prior experience in managing a team of engineers, handling work intake and prioritizing multiple demands in fast paced corporate environment.
- Ability to take a project or task from inception to completion, understanding how to manage risks.
- Hands-On experience with Enterprise tool sets such as Solarwinds, Splunk.
- Experience with on boarding of acquisitions in a fast growing environment.
- Maintain the health of monitoring and automation stack by keeping the environment current with upgrades and patches and by troubleshooting and resolving issues with the associated tools.
- Writing scripts such as PowerShell, perl, vbScript, Python to execute monitoring tasks that are out of the scope and capabilities of the monitoring systems.
- Writing database queries and familiarity wide variety of database technologies.
- Provide reports to Management, Operational and Technical staff on the service availability, systems performance and capacity.
- Support the set-up of automated processes and solutions.
- Strong analytical and technical troubleshooting skills.
- Develop, implement, and execute test plans for new and existing features.
- Work with Application development teams, Infrastructure, Database and Systems teams to provide monitoring and alerting specific to their perspective area.
- Experience building on-prem as well as AWS, with intelligent integration is a plus.
- Responsibilities will include working closely with Virtualization, Server, Storage, Network, Backup, Datacenter, and Cloud Teams to implement and optimize intelligent automation with Chef and other appropriate tools.
- Experience with monitoring cloud based platforms such as AWS/Azure/Google.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- BS/BA, 5+ years’ experience working with various monitoring tools, 2+ years’ experience in infrastructure administration, experience with Powershell and Unix Shell scripting.
Preferred – SolarWinds or equivalent certifications, knowledge of CMDB, Service Now, Python
There is an excellent compensation package offered along with competitive benefits, including: full health care options, a generous 401(k) plan, and great Paid-Time-Off policy.
If you or someone you know if qualified for this position, please contact Talon today! Referral bonus' offered and paid!